Match Preview: Southampton 1-1 Chelsea Predictions and Betting Tips 20.02.2021
Southampton – Chelsea Predictions & Tips For Today, February 20, 2021.
League: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 25
Match: 13:30 Southampton – Chelsea
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:1 WON!!!
- Knowing that their European hopes are severely damaged, Southampton have now lost six consecutive league fixtures for the first time Premier League (PL) history. Half of those losses saw a margin of at least two goals, with the ‘Saints’ conceding an average of 3.33 goals during that time, whilst Southampton lost with HT/FT double on five occasions.
- The ‘Saints’ have lost their last five PL home H2Hs vs Chelsea, with four (HT: W2, L2) of those games witnessing exactly one first-half goal. Southampton can but hope any solitary first-half goal will go in their favour, as the HT result has been replicated at the FT whistle in nine of Southampton’s last ten PL fixtures.
- Thomas Tuchel’s great start to managerial life at Stamford Bridge continued with a fifth straight competitive win on Monday evening. Own-goals aside, Chelsea are yet to allow the opposition score under Tuchel’s command, and have been efficient at the other end, converting eight (32%) of their 25 shots on target recorded during his fledgling tenure.
- Additionally, Chelsea have taken full points from the five PL away games in which they’ve enjoyed a lead at the interval, making them the only team with a 100% record from 5+ road trips led at HT. With Chelsea also winning the possession metric in every PL game under Tuchel, the ‘Blues’ have a clear key to continuing this trend.
- Players to watch: Southampton loanee Takumi Minamino will be aiming to score at St Mary’s for the first time, and eight of his last 12 strikes have come during matches producing over 4.5 goals. Also seeking a personal surge, Chelsea’s Timo Werner ended a 14-game goal drought on Monday – he also netted a brace inside the first 30 minutes of the reverse H2H.
- Hot stat: Chelsea have won each of the previous seven PL matches at Southampton to see them lead at HT.
|Head-to-head matches: SOUTHAMPTON – CHELSEA|
|17.10.20||PL||Chelsea||Southampton||3 : 3|
|26.12.19||PL||Chelsea||Southampton||0 : 2|
|06.10.19||PL||Southampton||Chelsea||1 : 4|
|02.01.19||PL||Chelsea||Southampton||0 : 0|
|07.10.18||PL||Southampton||Chelsea||0 : 3|
Match Preview: Dinamo Minsk - Decic Predictions and Betting Tips 07.07.2022
Match Preview: Bodo/Glimt 3-0 Klaksvik Predictions and Betting Tips 06.07.2022
Match Preview: St Josephs 0-0 Larne Predictions and Betting Tips 05.07.2022
Match Preview: Rahmatgonj MFS 7-1 Muktijoddha Sangsad Predictions and Betting Tips 04.07.2022