Match Preview: Hoffenheim 0-2 Molde Predictions and Betting Tips 25.02.2021
Hoffenheim – Molde Predictions & Tips For Today, February 25, 2021.
League: Europa League – Play Offs – 1/16-finals
Match: 18:55 Hoffenheim – Molde
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:2 LOST
- A dramatic first leg (3-3) sets this up nicely as both sides look to progress to the UEFA Europa League (UEL) round of 16 for the first time. Hoffenheim have the edge considering the away goals rule – despite that first leg being played at a neutral venue – but don’t expect a repeat scoreline as Hoffenheim have never featured in a UEFA-sanctioned penalty shootout.
- Following a run of one win in seven European home games (W1, D2, L4), Hoffenheim have won their last three to this point. The hosts will also be buoyed by a 4-0 Bundesliga victory here at the weekend, and strong UEL group stage home form that saw them win all three matches by a 2+ goal margin for an 11-1 aggregate scoreline!
- Molde shocked many with that 3-3 first-leg result in what was their first competitive game for two months, but a repeat surprise looks unlikely considering the Norweigians are winless across the last eight competitive matches in which they began as outsiders (D3, L5). Notably seven of those games produced over 2.5 goals, whilst six saw both teams score.
- However Molde did win their only prior UEL trip to Germany (1-0), but also lost their only previous away leg in a UEL knockout tie by a 3-0 scoreline. Another damning fact for Molde is that they’ve lost five of eight prior European ties in which they drew the first leg at ‘home’.
- Players to watch: Munas Dabbur’s first-half brace in the first leg means he has six goals from six UEL appearances for Hoffenheim. As for Molde, Magnus Wolff Eikrem had the most goal involvements in the 2020 Eliteserien (seven goals, 11 assists) and scored three across his last three UEL appearances.
- Hot stat: Molde’s record on foreign soil in the UEL proper stands at: W4, D3, L4. That includes the first leg of this tie which was played in Spain.
|Head-to-head matches: HOFFENHEIM – MOLDE|
|18.02.21||EL||Molde||Hoffenheim||3 : 3|