Match Preview: Coventry 1-2 Middlesbrough Predictions and Betting Tips 02.03.2021
Coventry – Middlesbrough Predictions & Tips For Today, March 2, 2021.
League: ENGLAND: Championship – Round 34
Match: 20:00 Coventry – Middlesbrough
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:2 WON!!!
- After an uninspiring 1-1 draw last time out, Coventry City have now won just one of their last eight games (W1, D3, L4). Whilst Coventry were the strongest newly-promoted side by the end of Sunday, the ‘Sky Blues’ have now conceded first in 54.55% of their league games, though they have only recovered points five times when doing so (W1, D4, L13).
- Coventry have settled well into life at St Andrew’s, and kept clean sheets in six of their last eight ‘home’ league games. Consequently, Coventry are one of just four sides with a 50%+ clean sheet rate at home. Despite this solidity, Coventry enter their upcoming battle as outsiders, with an even record (W3, D3, L3) as home league underdogs.
- Visitors Middlesbrough came from behind to draw last time out, maintaining their modest chances for a top-six spot. Seven of Middlesbrough’s last 11 league points have been earned from losing positions, though that may not be necessary here, as four of Neil Warnock’s last five personal victories vs Coventry have come by an exact 2-0 scoreline.
- Middlesbrough have been inconsistent in competitive away games, and the result in each of their last nine road trips has differed from the one before (W4, D1, L4). In turn, a win here would mark first back-to-back away wins this season, and with Neil Warnock in their corner, they have a manager that has lost just once against counterpart Mark Robins (W4, D1, L1).
- Players to watch: Tyler Walker scored both goals in Coventry’s last home win, and four of his five league strikes have come here at St. Andrew’s. As for Middlesborugh, Chuba Akpom assisted the equaliser last time out, and contributed to goals in both halves (in a comeback victory) on their last trip to newly-promoted opponents (one goal, one assist).
- Hot stat: Middlesbrough have lost just one of their last seven away league games vs newly-promoted opposition (W4, D2, L1).
|Head-to-head matches: COVENTRY – MIDDLESBROUGH|
|27.10.20||CHA||Middlesbrough||Coventry||2 : 0|
|21.01.12||CHA||Coventry||Middlesbrough||3 : 1|
|27.08.11||CHA||Middlesbrough||Coventry||1 : 1|
|25.04.11||CHA||Middlesbrough||Coventry||2 : 1|
|04.12.10||CHA||Coventry||Middlesbrough||1 : 0|