Match Preview: Burnley 1-1 Leicester Predictions and Betting Tips 03.03.2021
Burnley – Leicester Predictions & Tips For Today, March 3, 2021.
League: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 29
Match: 19:00 Burnley – Leicester
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:1 WON!!!
- After a 4-0 hammering at the hands of Tottenham, Burnley have won just once across their previous seven Premier League (PL) outings (D3, L3) – a run that has edged them ever closer to the division’s bottom five. Poor first halves have been a real issue, with the ‘Clarets’ failing to score before HT in 76.92% of their PL fixtures, contributing to a joint-league low average of 0.96 first-half match goals per game.
- At Turf Moor, the hosts have won only one of their last six PL matches (D3, L2), whilst failing to score before the 50th minute on every occasion. However with the last three PL games here ending in stalemate, expect a winner this time round as you have to go back to December 2009 to find the last time Bunley registered four consecutive top-flight home draws!
- A return of just two losses from Leicester’s previous 13 PL fixtures (W7, D4) has taken them into the top three, although a 3-1 defeat at the weekend will have been bitterly disappointing. Now looking to avoid consecutive top-flight losses for the first time since November, the ‘Foxes’ will aim to start well after winning all eight PL games in which they led at HT.
- Enjoying an eight-game PL away unbeaten run (W5, D3), a ninth road trip undefeated would mark Leicester’s longest such run since December 2015. Much of that success has been built on a strong second-half superiority, as the visitors have converted five of their seven HT away draws into victory (D2) this PL campaign.
- Players to watch: Burnley top scorer Chris Wood has scored his team’s first goal in three consecutive top-flight H2Hs. However, any Wood strike could be cancelled out by Jamie Vardy (LEI), who has scored nine of his 12 PL goals this term on the road.
- Hot streak: The last five top-flight H2Hs have all witnessed under 3.5 yellow cards.
|Head-to-head matches: BURNLEY – LEICESTER|
|20.09.20||PL||Leicester||Burnley||4 : 2|
|19.01.20||PL||Burnley||Leicester||2 : 1|
|19.10.19||PL||Leicester||Burnley||2 : 1|
|16.03.19||PL||Burnley||Leicester||1 : 2|
|10.11.18||PL||Leicester||Burnley||0 : 0|