Match Preview: Huddersfield 0-0 Cardiff Predictions and Betting Tips 05.03.2021
Huddersfield – Cardiff Predictions & Tips For Today, March 5, 2021.
League: ENGLAND: Championship – Round 35
Match: 20:45 Huddersfield – Cardiff
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:0 LOST
- Huddersfield Town are clear of the Championship relegation zone following a 1-1 draw with Birmingham, but nerves still prevail, as they’ve won just one of their last 12 league matches (W1, D3, L8) and haven’t kept a clean sheet in 15 competitive outings. These defensive slips have ‘helped’ to see three of their last four Championship games witness goals in both halves.
- The hosts have, at least, been solid at home this term (W8, D3, L6), notably registering 72.97% of their league points here. However, their home H2H record against Cardiff City is concerning, as they’ve lost three (D1) of the last four clashes here after conceding exactly three times. Those defeats all featured exactly two first-half goals.
- Genuine play-off contenders following their 4-0 hammering of Derby County, Cardiff are unbeaten in ten Championship matches (W7, D3) since Mick McCarthy’s arrival last month. Predictably, that win featured another set-piece strike, and they’ve now scored a clear league-high 26 goals (49.06%) from dead ball situations (including penalties) this season.
- Interestingly, Cardiff have scored 54.72% of their Championship points this term on the road, and netted in each of their last seven league away matches (W4, D2, L1). However, a slow start could ensue, as just two (5.26%) of the 38 goals produced by their away league games this term have come before the 15th minute.
- Players to watch: Huddersfield’s Fraizer Campbell has netted in each of their last two home league games and five of his seven league strikes this term came before HT. Meanwhile, eight of Kieffer Moore’s 16 goals for Cardiff this season have come during their current ten-game unbeaten run. He also netted twice against Huddersfield in January.
- Hot stat: Huddersfield have scored first in six Championship games this calendar year, but won only once (W1, D2, L3).
|Head-to-head matches: HUDDERSFIELD – CARDIFF|
|01.12.20||CHA||Cardiff||Huddersfield||3 : 0|
|12.02.20||CHA||Huddersfield||Cardiff||0 : 3|
|21.08.19||CHA||Cardiff||Huddersfield||2 : 1|
|12.01.19||PL||Cardiff||Huddersfield||0 : 0|
|25.08.18||PL||Huddersfield||Cardiff||0 : 0|