Match Preview: West Brom 0-0 Newcastle Predictions and Betting Tips 07.03.2021
West Brom – Newcastle Predictions & Tips For Today, March 7, 2021.
League: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 27
Match: 13:00 West Brom – Newcastle
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:0 LOST
- West Bromwich Albion boss Sam Allardyce’s record of never being relegated from the Premier League (PL) hangs by a thread after defeat in midweek left his side nine points behind visiting Newcastle United in 17th place. Ominously, they’ve only won one of the last five competitive H2Hs (D1, L3).
- Encouragingly though, the ‘Baggies’ have got results here against the other four teams that start the round in the bottom six (W2, D2), which accounts for 80% of their PL home points this term. Nevertheless, they’ve failed to score in eight (57.14%) home league matches – a joint league-high.
- Newcastle fans will be thinking of Glenn Roeder, who passed away late last month. Coincidentally, Allardyce succeeded him at St James’ Park, but a triumph for the visitors would be a fitting way to pay tribute to a man who recorded a 45.83% win-rate with the ‘Magpies’.
- It would also ease their relegation worries following one win in five PL outings (D1, L3), and a win-rate this season of just 26.92%. Although Newcastle’s 1-1 draw with Wolves (Feb 27) was the only game of those five to witness under 1.5 first-half goals, they’ve scored 66.67% of their PL goals this term after HT.
- Still to score before the 15th minute away this PL campaign, Newcastle have only netted three goals before the hour-mark on the road, contributing to one of the division’s poorest away records (W3, D2, L8). Interestingly though, 92.31% of their PL away games produced over 1.5 goals!
- Players to watch: Kyle Bartley has scored in two of West Brom’s last four home league games, while Newcastle’s Joelinton, who registered an assist in the reverse fixture, has scored all three of his competitive strikes this term away from home.
- Hot stat: Ahead of the round, no team has conceded more second-half goals this PL season than these two (Newcastle 26, West Brom 30).
|Head-to-head matches: WEST BROM – NEWCASTLE|
|12.12.20||PL||Newcastle||West Brom||2 : 1|
|03.03.20||FAC||West Brom||Newcastle||2 : 3|
|28.04.18||PL||Newcastle||West Brom||0 : 1|
|28.11.17||PL||West Brom||Newcastle||2 : 2|
|06.02.16||PL||Newcastle||West Brom||1 : 0|