Match Preview: QPR 1-0 Wycombe Predictions and Betting Tips 09.03.2021
QPR – Wycombe Predictions & Tips For Today, March 9, 2021.
League: ENGLAND: Championship – Round 24
Match: 20:00 QPR – Wycombe
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:0 WON!!!
- Winners 2-0 at the weekend, Queens Park Rangers have won six of their last ten league matches, and will look to strengthen their mid-table standing here against a side they drew 1-1 with in the reverse fixture. Yet with only half of those ten matches seeing over 2.5 match goals and a fairly low average of just 2.21 match goals per league game, don’t expect a high-scoring affair.
- Nonetheless, both teams have scored with over 2.5 match goals in three straight games here, although the five previous league matches saw one or no teams net with four fixtures seeing under 1.5 match goals. But don’t be surprised to see the ‘Hoops’ score first, after their last five home games saw them alternate between conceding and scoring first.
- Almost packed for a League One return, Wycombe Wanderers’ dreams of a summer in the Championship are over. Whilst the ‘Chairboys’ have stood up to arguably better opposition in six of their last 15 league games (W3, D3, L9), they’ve lost 2-0 for three consecutive matches and their last five matches saw under 2.5 match goals.
- Yet Wycombe have admirably nicked two or more away goals in four league awaydays this term, but have claimed a joint league-low two victories on the road this season. Indeed, Wanderers have conceded first in all but one (0-0) of their 17 league awaydays, but against the odds, Wycombe have prised some rare away points when conceding first (W2, D2, L12).
- Players to watch: Sinking 25 career penalties, QPR’s five-goal Charlie Austin has scored in half of his last eight games, although none were from the spot. Defending against Austin, Wycombe’s Joe Jacobson has sunk four competitive penalties this season and interestingly, has scored a career penalty against QPR ‘keeper Seny Dieng.
- Hot stat: 11 of QPR’s 12 conceded penalties have hit the back of the net, while Wycombe have seen nine of their 11 penalties ‘against’ scored.
|Head-to-head matches: QPR – WYCOMBE|
|19.12.20||CHA||Wycombe||QPR||1 : 1|
|22.07.16||CF||Wycombe||QPR||0 : 0|
|31.07.12||CF||Wycombe||QPR||0 : 3|
|28.07.09||CF||Wycombe||QPR||1 : 2|
|20.03.04||LO||Wycombe||QPR||2 : 2|