Match Preview: Southampton 1-2 Brighton Predictions and Betting Tips 14.03.2021
Southampton – Brighton Predictions & Tips For Today, March 14, 2021.
League: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 28
Match: 13:00 Southampton – Brighton
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:2 WON!!!
- Southampton were unsurprisingly swept aside by Premier League (PL) champions-elect Manchester City in midweek, but this South Coast derby ought to be a more competitive – and winnable – affair even for a side that’s only triumphed once in six league matches (D1, L4). Protecting an eight-match unbeaten run in competitive H2Hs (W4, D4), none of those games were decided by more than a two-goal margin.
- Often starting well, the ‘Saints’ have scored first in four of their last five home league matches, but only won one of those four games (D1, L2). In fact, they’ve netted the opener in ten (76.92%) of their home league games this term but have subsequently struggled to capitalise (W5, D1, L4).
- Also no strangers to letting leads slip, Brighton & Hove Albion’s last-gasp 2-1 defeat to Leicester City (Mar 6) saw them drop a 17th point from a winning position this term, and they start the round with only goal difference separating them from the relegation zone after five straight winless league fixtures (D2, L3).
- However, they’ve been stronger on the road than at home, earning 61.54% of their points on their travels (W4, D4, L5), while picking up a league-low average of 0.85 yellow cards per game ahead of the round. The ‘Seagulls’ might need to show a bit more fight though, as they haven’t won a competitive H2H here since 2009 (D4, L1).
- Players to watch: James Ward-Prowse scored first-half penalties in each of Southampton’s last two league fixtures, and none of his competitive goals this season came before the 20th minute. For Brighton, Adam Lallana netted his first goal in 503 days against Leicester, and now seeks to score against Southampton having not done so in nine competitive appearances since leaving them in 2014.
- Hot stat: Brighton are the only team yet to win a PL match when entered as favourites this season (D7, L4).
|Head-to-head matches: SOUTHAMPTON – BRIGHTON|
|07.12.20||PL||Brighton||Southampton||1 : 2|
|16.07.20||PL||Southampton||Brighton||1 : 1|
|24.08.19||PL||Brighton||Southampton||0 : 2|
|30.03.19||PL||Brighton||Southampton||0 : 1|
|17.09.18||PL||Southampton||Brighton||2 : 2|
Match Preview: Londrina - CSA Predictions and Betting Tips 02.07.2022
Match Preview: Gold Coast Utd 0-1 Logan Lightning Predictions and Betting Tips 01.07.2022
Match Preview: Switzerland W 0-4 England W Predictions and Betting Tips 30.06.2022
Match Preview: SK Gjovik-Lyn 0-7 Stabaek Predictions and Betting Tips 29.06.2022