Match Preview: Cyprus 0-0 Slovakia Predictions and Betting Tips 24.03.2021
Cyprus – Slovakia Predictions & Tips For Today, March 24, 2021.
League: World Cup – Qualification
Match: 20:45 Cyprus – Slovakia
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:0 LOST
- Having never qualified for a World Cup in their history, and after recording an 18% win-rate in World Cup Qualifying since the beginning of 2000, Cyprus face a tall task here. However the 100th ranked nation’s most recent home outing – a 2-1 win vs Luxembourg – did end a run of six consecutive home losses when starting as the match outsider.
- That win was out of the ordinary as those six previously mentioned defeats saw the team that scored first win each time, a pattern that was broken when Cyprus came from behind to overcome Luxembourg. Furthermore, against all opposition at all venues, eight of Cyprus’ last 11 fixtures (W1, D1, L9) have seen the HT leader go on to win, again with their sole victory one of the exceptions.
- They meet #34 ranked Slovakia here for the first time in 12 years, with the visitors coming into this match after failing to win outside of Slovakia within 90 minutes across their last five attempts (D2, L3), albeit as an outsider on all five occasions. More encouragingly, their three starts as an away favourite since 2017 saw them secure HT/FT victories, but notably without a clean sheet.
- Infact, clean sheets have been difficult to come by for Slovakia against most opposition outside of the comforts of home. Slovakia have conceded in each of their last 16 engagements in an opposition country (W4, D3, L9), with eight of their last nine goals conceded away from home falling after HT.
- Players to watch: Pieros Sotiriou has registered Cyprus’ first goal on three occasions since the start of 2019, and also scored first in his last two club appearances. Meanwhile, Róbert Boženík is the only player to have opened the scoring for Slovakia more than once (x3) across their last ten competitive matches.
- Hot stat: Nineteen of the 20 matches involving either nation in the previous WCQ campaign finished with a winner.
|Head-to-head matches: CYPRUS – SLOVAKIA|
|11.02.09||IT||Cyprus||Slovakia||3 : 2|
|11.02.09||FI||Cyprus||Slovakia||3 : 2|
|24.03.07||EUR||Cyprus||Slovakia||1 : 3|
|02.09.06||EUR||Slovakia||Cyprus||6 : 1|