Match Preview: Armenia 2-0 Iceland Predictions and Betting Tips 28.03.2021
Armenia – Iceland Predictions & Tips For Today, March 28, 2021.
League: World Cup – Qualification
Match: 17:00 Armenia – Iceland
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:0 WON!!!
- A 1-0 winning start to their World Cup Qualifying (WCQ) campaign extended Armenia’s unbeaten run to six games (W4, D2). It also ended their winless WCQ streak at five matches (D1, L4) and has raised Armenia’s hopes of back-to-back wins for only the third time in their qualification history.
- Goals remain a theme at home, as Armenia have scored in five of their last six WCQ home games (W3, L3), with four witnessing both teams score and over 2.5 goals. More recently, Armenia have lost just one of their last five home games (W3, D1, L1) after scoring first in four – albeit the sole defeat came in their only match vs a nation in FIFA’s top 55, like their opponents here Iceland.
- A 3-0 drubbing at the hands of Germany on WCQ matchday one made it six straight losses for Iceland – their worst losing streak in over four decades! They let in the opening goal before the 20th minute in four of those defeats, and also conceded during both halves in four, so will be relieved to be facing a team they’ve never conceded against across three H2Hs (W2, D1).
- Surprisingly though, that defeat to Germany was just their third in ten WCQs (W7, L3) thanks to their successful campaign four years back. However Iceland have slipped in their recent road trips, losing their last five and conceding 2+ goals each time. Intriguingly, after losing vs Germany, Iceland have now alternated results in their previous five WCQ road trips (W2, L3) with the winning team scoring first on each occasion.
- Players to watch: Aleksandr Karapetyan can become Armenia’s joint-seventh top scorer with his next strike, whilst Kolbeinn Sigþórsson needs just one goal to overtake Iceland legend Eiður Guðjohnsen as their outright all-time top scorer.
- Hot stat: Armenia have scored after the 75th minute in five of their last eight games. Iceland have conceded five times during that period across their previous four matches.
|Head-to-head matches: ARMENIA – ICELAND|
|06.02.08||FI||Iceland||Armenia||2 : 0|
|05.06.99||EUR||Iceland||Armenia||2 : 0|
|10.10.98||EUR||Armenia||Iceland||0 : 0|