Match Preview: D. Zagreb 0-1 Villarreal Predictions and Betting Tips 08.04.2021
D. Zagreb – Villarreal Predictions & Tips For Today, April 8, 2021.
League: Europa League – Play Offs – Quarter-finals
Match: 20:00 D. Zagreb – Villarreal
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:1 LOST
- After conquering Tottenham Hotspur in the last round, Dinamo Zagreb will be looking to cause another upset in their first European quarter-final in over half a century. They impressively went unbeaten in this season’s group stage, and have actually lost just one of their previous 11 UEFA Europa League (UEL) matches (W8, D2, L1). Furthermore, they netted 2+ goals in six of those eight victories.
- The Croatian side were at their most dangerous across that sequence in the second half, scoring 64.71% of their goals in this period (90 mins only) – this includes four of their previous six goals. Another positive for them is that only Spurs managed to beat them in any of their previous 11 competitive matches (D1, L1). Additionally, each of the previous seven wins in that sequence were accompanied by a clean sheet.
- Unbeaten inVillarreal have enjoyed their recent trips on the road in the UEL, going unbeaten in each of their previous ten outside of Spain (W6, D4) – they’re actually undefeated in their last 19 UEL matches against non-La Liga sides (W13, D6). Interestingly, they netted exactly two goals in each of the previous four such matches.
- History is on the side of the Spanish outfit who have come out on top in two of their previous three UEL quarter-final ties, with five of the six matches across those three ties settled by a 2+ goal margin (W4, L2). They also boast formidable recent form with five victories in as many competitive matches.
- Players to watch: Dinamo’s Mislav Oršić has contributed to six goals in his previous five UEL appearances – four of those contributions came after HT. Villarreal’s Gerard Moreno has netted an impressive seven goals in four competitive matches, and five arrived before HT.
- Hot stat: Dinamo have played ten European games against Spanish clubs, losing eight of them (W1, D1). Their solitary success, however, was a 2010 victory at home to Villarreal!
|Head-to-head matches: D. ZAGREB – VILLARREAL|
|02.12.10||EL||Villarreal||D. Zagreb||3 : 0|
|16.09.10||EL||D. Zagreb||Villarreal||2 : 0|