Match Preview: Watford 2-0 Reading Predictions and Betting Tips 09.04.2021
Watford – Reading Predictions & Tips For Today, April 9, 2021.
League: ENGLAND: Championship – Round 41
Match: 19:45 Watford – Reading
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:0 WON!!!
- Buzzing around the automatic promotion spots and giving first-placed Norwich a last-gasp run for their money, Watford have lost just one of their last 13 matches, yet stalled with a 1-1 last time out. Scoring first and leading by HT in six of their last seven games, the ‘Hornets’ are in a late bloom of form, netting six goals on or before the 17th-minute in this pocket of fixtures.
- Showing Premiership-bound home form, Watford have conceded a joint-second league low average of 0.60 goals per game here. Coupled with a four-game run of shutouts, Watford’s goal has been breached just three times across their ten previous home matches. Given their league-high average of 1.95 goals scored per home fixture, a home win is definitely on – question is, can Watford keep their first shutout in four H2Hs here?
- Although losing just one of their last eight games (W4, D3), Reading ended a procession of four winless fixtures with a 3-1 weekend win and are currently play-off bound as they search their first successive H2H wins since 2004! Royally flying, the ‘Royals’ have ordained us with 1.40 league goals per game on average and have scored a first-half opener for two straight matches.
- Whilst Reading have won just two of their last eight awaydays (D4, L2), none of those eight saw them down at the break. Subsequently down at HT just four times on their league travels, it’s often been the second period that’s let them down (2H: D8, L5) highlighted by their -1 goal difference. A notable H2H record at Vicarage Road since 1994 (W4, D5, L4) should provide inspiration, however.
- Players to watch: Watford’s Ismaïla Sarr has scored on or before the 34th-minute in two of his last three appearances. Meanwhile, only eight of Lucas João’s 28 all-time goals for Reading were match openers.
- Hot stat: Eight of the last 12 competitive H2Hs produced under 2.5 goals!
|Head-to-head matches: WATFORD – READING|
|03.10.20||CHA||Reading||Watford||1 : 0|
|29.08.18||EFL||Reading||Watford||0 : 2|
|14.03.15||CHA||Watford||Reading||4 : 1|
|20.12.14||CHA||Reading||Watford||0 : 1|
|11.01.14||CHA||Watford||Reading||0 : 1|
Match Preview: Londrina - CSA Predictions and Betting Tips 02.07.2022
Match Preview: Gold Coast Utd 0-1 Logan Lightning Predictions and Betting Tips 01.07.2022
Match Preview: Switzerland W 0-4 England W Predictions and Betting Tips 30.06.2022
Match Preview: SK Gjovik-Lyn 0-7 Stabaek Predictions and Betting Tips 29.06.2022