Match Preview: Rennes 1-1 Nantes Predictions and Betting Tips 11.04.2021
Rennes – Nantes Predictions & Tips For Today, April 11, 2021.
League: FRANCE: Ligue 1 – Round 32
Match: 12:00 Rennes – Nantes
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:1 WON!!!
- European-chasing Rennes need points – and fast – but face a favourable foe in Nantes, a team they’ve lost just once against across the last 14 Ligue 1 (L1) H2Hs (W7, D6). They’ll be confident they can keep that form going as they enter this clash on a three-game unbeaten run (W2, D1), and have also shut out the opposition before the hour mark in five consecutive outings too.
- Furthermore, Rennes’ 1-0 victory in their last home match saw their five-game winless L1 home streak come to an end (D2, L3). That result continued a recent trend too, as eight of Rennes’ previous nine top-flight home games have witnessed the opening goal scored within 30 minutes.
- Visiting Nantes are currently enduring their worst return after 31 games (W5, D13, L13) of a L1 campaign in the club’s history! They subsequently look like real relegation contenders, and poor defensive performances can certainly be blamed as Nantes’ average of 1.55 goals conceded so far is their worst at this stage of a L1 campaign since 1969/70!
- Encouragingly, the visitors bring a four-game unbeaten L1 away run into this clash (W2, D2) following a shock 2-1 win over PSG in their last road trip, and are now on the verge of going unbeaten in 5+ top-flight away games for the first time in over four years! Poor first halves remain a major concern though, as the ‘Canaries’ have failed to score before HT in 66.67% of their L1 road trips (HT: W4, D3, L8).
- Players to watch: In-form Serhou Guirassy has scored Rennes’ last three L1 goals – all from the 75th minute onwards. Also in good form is Randal Kolo Muani, who’s been involved in Nantes’ last three top-flight away goals (one goal, two assists).
- Hot stat: Nantes have been involved in ten 1-1 draws this L1 season – no club has recorded more than six ahead of this round.
|Head-to-head matches: RENNES – NANTES|
|06.01.21||L1||Nantes||Rennes||0 : 0|
|31.01.20||L1||Rennes||Nantes||3 : 2|
|25.09.19||L1||Nantes||Rennes||1 : 0|
|13.01.19||L1||Nantes||Rennes||0 : 1|
|19.12.18||COU||Rennes||Nantes||2 : 1|