Match Preview: Dortmund 1-2 Manchester City Predictions and Betting Tips 14.04.2021
Dortmund – Manchester City Predictions & Tips For Today, April 14, 2021.
League: Champions League – Play Offs – Quarter-finals
Match: 20:00 Dortmund – Manchester City
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:2 WON!!!
- Trailing 2-1 from the first leg, Borussia Dortmund must win to-nil or by a 2+ goal margin to reach the UEFA Champions League (UCL) semi-finals inside 90’. However, you would have to go back to April 2014 to find their last UCL knockout win vs a fellow side from a top-five European league to yield a 2+ goal margin and/or a clean sheet.
- That said, Dortmund are unbeaten in eight UCL home games (W5, D3), going 1-0 up inside 20 minutes in two of the last four wins within that sequence. However, two successive draws form the tail end of this run, both of which saw the opposition score their first goal of the match via a penalty awarded between the 61st-75th minute.
- Aiming for a first European trophy in over half a century, Manchester City are in pole position to reach their second UCL semi-final in five years. The English champions-elect should be confident, after recording just one defeat across their last 19 UCL matches (W15, D3, L1), and scoring a dramatic late winner in the first leg of this tie.
- Impressively, nine (a 60% majority) of the 15 wins came against another side from within the continent’s five biggest European domestic top flights. Meanwhile, City’s winning margin across the three away wins of that sequence averages at 2.00 goals. The last two of those away wins saw City open the scoring inside the first 30 minutes of clean-sheet victories (HT: 1-0).
- Players to watch: After equalising late in the first leg, Marco Reus is now Dortmund’s outright top scorer in the UCL with 18 goals – Dortmund’s win-rate from UCL games seeing him score a second-half goal is 50% (W4, D2, L2). Just minutes later, City dynamo Phil Foden became the youngest Englishman to score a 90th minute winner in a UCL match.
- Hot stat: City have averaged 3.20 goals per match across their last ten UCL victories over a fellow team from a top-five European domestic league.
|Head-to-head matches: DORTMUND – MANCHESTER CITY|
|06.04.21||CL||Manchester City||Dortmund||2 : 1|
|21.07.18||ICC||Manchester City||Dortmund||0 : 1|
|28.07.16||ICC||Dortmund||Manchester City||1 : 2 (1 : 1)|
|04.12.12||CL||Dortmund||Manchester City||1 : 0|
|03.10.12||CL||Manchester City||Dortmund||1 : 1|
Match Preview: Dinamo Minsk - Decic Predictions and Betting Tips 07.07.2022
Match Preview: Bodo/Glimt 3-0 Klaksvik Predictions and Betting Tips 06.07.2022
Match Preview: St Josephs 0-0 Larne Predictions and Betting Tips 05.07.2022
Match Preview: Rahmatgonj MFS 7-1 Muktijoddha Sangsad Predictions and Betting Tips 04.07.2022