Match Preview: Manchester Utd 2-0 Granada CF Predictions and Betting Tips 15.04.2021
Manchester Utd – Granada CF Predictions & Tips For Today, April 15, 2021.
League: Europa League – Play Offs – Quarter-finals
Match: 20:00 Manchester Utd – Granada CF
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:0 WON!!!
- Holding a 2-0 first-leg lead, Manchester United enter this UEFA Europa League (UEL) second leg in confident mood as they’ve progressed from their last 19 UEFA competition ties after winning the away first leg. However, they’ll take nothing for granted as they possess a W7, L9 record in two-legged ties against Spanish teams, who’ve been responsible for their last three European exits!
- Nevertheless, the three-time European champions are unbeaten in eight competitive home fixtures (W5, D3) and haven’t lost a UEL game here in 16 outings (W12, D4). Although none of those wins came against Spanish opposition, interestingly, their last three European home games vs Spanish clubs saw the same HT/FT outcome (D2, L1).
- Granada’s weekend win over Real Valladolid saw the UEL debutants snap a run of four straight competitive defeats in which they conceded 2+ goals. Their games haven’t lacked drama though, as their last five competitive matches have witnessed five converted penalties, whilst their previous three UEL fixtures all featured an opener between the 25th and 35th minute and an average of 1.33 goals per game after the 70th.
- Curiously, their last five competitive away games all produced a 2-1 scoreline (W1, L4), including their last two UEL knockout second legs, but as they need to win by two clear goals here they’ll be desperate to avoid a sixth such outcome! If they end up searching for a late goal to progress, it’s worth noting that they’ve netted after the 70th minute in six (W3, L3) of their last nine competitive matches.
- Players to watch: United’s Bruno Fernandes netted a 90th-minute penalty during the first leg, and his last five competitive goals at home came in or after the 45th minute. Meanwhile, both of Roberto Soldado’s UEL strikes for Granada (excluding qualifiers) this term came as the game’s second goal.
- Hot stat: None of United’s last four UEL matches witnessed scoring before the 30th minute.