Match Preview: RB Leipzig 0-0 Hoffenheim Predictions and Betting Tips 16.04.2021
RB Leipzig – Hoffenheim Predictions & Tips For Today, April 16, 2021.
League: GERMANY: Bundesliga – Round 29
Match: 19:30 RB Leipzig – Hoffenheim
Tip: Home Win
Match Result: 0:0 LOST
- Nicknamed ‘El Plastico’ by supporters of other teams who despise the rise of clubs backed by large corporations, RB Leipzig welcome TSG Hoffenheim with their title aspirations just about still alive after a run of one league defeat in ten games (W8, D1) – eight of which saw them score first. With the Bundesliga’s best defence (0.82 goals conceded per game) and 13 league shutouts this season (46.42%), Leipzig seem set to extend their three-game winning streak against the visitors.
- A damaging 1-0 loss to Bayern Munich in their last league game here was just the fourth time Leipzig conceded first (W2, L2) at home this season, and the second that they failed to register a goal. Now winless in two at home for the second time this season (D1, L1), the last such occurrence was followed by four straight competitive wins at the Red Bull Arena!
- Winless in four league games (D1, L3) after conceding first and losing the first half in each loss, Hoffenheim could yet be dragged into the relegation battle. With 19 of their league games witnessing the side that scored first go on to win, and amid a joint-league high 20 games that saw the same HT/FT result, the importance of a good first half seems obvious.
- Hoffenheim are winless in five away league outings (D2, L3), conceding a first-half opener in each. Yet to see a goalless opening period on their league travels, and with eight seeing over 1.5 goals, only reinforces the notion of starting this game well.
- Players to watch: Leipzig’s Dani Olmo has opened the match scoring in seven of his last 11 goalscoring club games. On similar lines, four of Robert Skov’s five all-time Bundesliga goals came as Hoffenheim’s first goalscorer, including in their last away game.
- Hot stat: Only one of the ten all-time H2H matchups saw both sides score in the first half.