Match Preview: Arminia Bielefeld 1-0 Schalke Predictions and Betting Tips 20.04.2021
Arminia Bielefeld – Schalke Predictions & Tips For Today, April 20, 2021.
League: GERMANY: Bundesliga – Round 30
Match: 19:30 Arminia Bielefeld – Schalke
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:0 LOST
- The Bundesliga’s two worst scoring teams go head-to-head as Arminia Bielefeld desperately look to avoid joining Schalke in the relegation zone. A crucial 1-0 home win over Freiburg a fortnight back extended their season record to W2, L1 as a home favourite, and they also maintain a perfect W3 record vs clubs ranked 14th or lower at the beginning of the round – all wins coming by a one-goal margin.
- No teams have illustrated the importance of a positive start quite like Bielefeld and Schalke, who remain the only two Bundesliga clubs yet to witness a match lost by the team that opened the scoring. Particularly Bielefeld, who enjoy one of the league’s best records when scoring first (W7, D2), but its poorest when conceding first (D1, L16).
- Fortunately for the hosts, Schalke have opened the scoring on fewer occasions (four) than any other Bundesliga club this season, and have conceded the opener in all 20 of their league defeats. Relegation therefore appears imminent, especially after losing at HT/FT for a 16th time this league season in the last round.
- In fact, you have to go back to 1974/75 to find the last time a side had 13 points or less when sitting bottom of the Bundesliga after 29 rounds, so it’s little surprise Schalke have conceded in both halves on the road ten times this league campaign (D1, L9). That’s extended their average losing margin away from home to an alarming 3.70 goals – though notably, two of three one-goal margin defeats they have sustained overall this Bundesliga season came against relegation contenders, including Bielefeld in December.
- Players to watch: It’s 17 games and counting since Andreas Voglsammer last appeared on the losing side for Bielefeld when scoring (W14, D3). For the visitors, veteran Klaas-Jan Huntelaar scored their last away strike – his first in a losing cause in 43 goalscoring matches!
- Hot stat: Seven of Bielefeld’s last eight Bundesliga fixtures have produced 0-0 HT results.