Match Preview: Napoli 5-2 Lazio Predictions and Betting Tips 22.04.2021
Napoli – Lazio Predictions & Tips For Today, April 22, 2021.
League: ITALY: Serie A – Round 32
Match: 19:45 Napoli – Lazio
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 5:2 LOST
- Napoli became the first Serie A (SA) side to take points from Inter Milan in almost three months last time out (1-1), and as such, it’s kept their dreams of a fifth top-four finish in six seasons alive. In great form, the hosts remain unbeaten in the last nine SA outings in which they’ve opened the scoring (W8, D1).
- Prior to that 1-1 draw against Inter, Napoli had won six home league matches in a row, opening the scoring before the 35th minute in each. With that ability to hit the ground running from the whistle, it’ll come as no surprise that Gennaro Gattuso’s men have registered a joint-league high nine HT/FT home victories this campaign.
- Sitting just two points behind Napoli, five top-flight victories in a row has helped Lazio remain on course for another top-six SA finish. During that run of form, the ’Biancocelesti’ opened the scoring on each occasion, however two of the last three stood goalless at HT. Yet with 45.10% (23) of their 51 SA goals this season coming inside the opening 15 minutes of either half, it’s obvious that strong starts are their specialty.
- Despite recording back-to-back 1-0 away wins, defensive weaknesses could prove a problem here for Lazio. In each of their four SA away matches against sides currently above them, both teams have scored and there’s been over 3.5 match goals (W1, L3). Even more worryingly, the visitors have conceded a penalty in all three losses during that sequence.
- Players to watch: Napoli’s Lorenzo Insigne has scored five of his eight SA home goals this season inside the opening 31 minutes, with the hosts winning five of his six goalscoring home matches (D1). Lazio’s Ciro Immobile scored twice last time out, but also missed a penalty – his third failure from the spot in SA from his last four attempts.
- Hot stat: Seven of Lazio’s last 11 competitive away matches have featured a penalty.