Match Preview: Bordeaux 1-0 Rennes Predictions and Betting Tips 02.05.2021
Bordeaux – Rennes Predictions & Tips For Today, May 2, 2021.
League: FRANCE: Ligue 1 – Round 35
Match: 12:00 Bordeaux – Rennes
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:0 LOST
Bordeaux – Rennes Match Preview
- It’s uncertain times for Bordeaux who are in trouble both on and off the pitch. On it, 11 defeats in 13 Ligue 1 (L1) matches has dragged them perilously close to the relegation zone. There’s very little evidence of them having enough fight to get themselves out of trouble too, given that they conceded 3+ goals in each of their previous five L1 matches (L5).
- The struggling hosts have won just two home games in the whole of 2021, and none since the beginning of February (D1, L6). More worryingly is their inability to find the back of the net, and their failure to score in eight of their 17 home L1 matches is the joint second-highest total across the league.
- Without a L1 defeat since early March (W5, D1), Rennes are looking up the table and chasing European football. Their attack has been one of their most impressive assets across recent weeks, highlighted by the fact that only champions PSG boast a higher goal average than theirs of 2.75 across the previous four L1 rounds. Furthermore, nine of their 11 goals in that run arrived after HT.
- The visitors have won two of their previous three L1 away trips (D1), and both victories were by a 2+ goal margin. Their last victory away at Bordeaux was also by this same margin, although that win back in 2018 proved to be their lone success across their last 12 league visits here (D5, L6).
- Players to watch: Bordeaux’s Hwang Ui-jo has scored five goals in his six previous L1 matches, three of which were match openers. Rennes will be pleased to get Sehrou Guirassy back from suspension given he’s netted four goals in as many L1 appearances – each after the 70th minute.
- Hot stat: Bordeaux have lost the most L1 matches in which both teams have scored (12).