Match Preview: Barnsley 2-2 Norwich Predictions and Betting Tips 08.05.2021
Barnsley – Norwich Predictions & Tips For Today, May 8, 2021.
League: ENGLAND: Championship – Round 46
Match: 12:30 Barnsley – Norwich
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:2 LOST
Barnsley – Norwich Match Preview
- Set for post-season action, Barnsley have already secured their highest league placing since finishing fourth in the First Division back in 1999/00. However a 2-0 loss at Preston last week all-but ended their hopes for a fourth-place finish 22 years later, as Barnsley fell to an 11th defeat ‘to nil’ in 14 losses this Championship campaign.
- After failing to win their first three home matches, only the two already-promoted clubs have a better home record since than Barnsley (W12, D3, L4). A fast start has been key for the ‘Tykes’ at Oakwell this season, as they have never lost when leading at HT (W5, D2) or scoring first (W10, D2).
- Spending only one week off top spot since Matchday 12, promoted Norwich City could equal the fourth best points tally since the Championship was restructured with a win here. Ruthless right until the end, Norwich’s winning mentality is highlighted by their league-high 20 goals from the 76th minute till FT.
- The league’s best team away from home, the ‘Canaries’ have won 68.18% of matches on their travels (W15, D3, L4) and come into the game unbeaten in eight (W7, D1). Seven of those eight matches saw them strike first, while five of the victories saw them beat a -1 handicap.
- However, travelling has not been easy in recent H2Hs, as the away team of the day has only won four of the last 20 matches. Goals have been in short supply too, as six of the last seven H2Hs produced less than 2.5 match goals.
- Players to watch: Barnsley midfielder Alex Mowatt has eight goals and seven assists, with his side never losing this season when he’s scored (W6, D2). Opposing him, playmaker Emiliano Buendia has seven goal contributions in his last eight away games (G:3, A:4).
- Hot stat: Norwich have only lost once in 17 Championship away games when starting as the favourite this season (W14, D2, L1).
Match Preview: Dinamo Minsk - Decic Predictions and Betting Tips 07.07.2022
Match Preview: Bodo/Glimt 3-0 Klaksvik Predictions and Betting Tips 06.07.2022
Match Preview: St Josephs 0-0 Larne Predictions and Betting Tips 05.07.2022
Match Preview: Rahmatgonj MFS 7-1 Muktijoddha Sangsad Predictions and Betting Tips 04.07.2022