Match Preview: FC Emmen 3-1 Heerenveen Predictions and Betting Tips 13.05.2021
FC Emmen – Heerenveen Predictions & Tips For Today, May 13, 2021.
League: NETHERLANDS: Eredivisie – Round 33
Match: 13:30 FC Emmen – Heerenveen
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 3:1 LOST
FC Emmen – Heerenveen Match Preview
- After previously building an eight-game unbeaten run to pick themselves off bottom spot, Emmen’s Eredivisie survival bid is on but they’ve lost consecutive matches 4-0 – the same result seen in the reverse fixture. They’ve now conceded an average of 2.09 goals per Eredivisie game this season and need to stem the flow, especially after losing 11 league fixtures by a 2+ goal margin.
- Although the ‘Kannibals’ have admirably netted four home league openers within 30 minutes, they’ve let in seven in return during this timeframe. To Emmen’s credit they’ve netted exactly three goals in three of their last five fixtures at De Oude Meerdijk (W3, D1, L1), and clearly need to get their scoring boots on early as they’re yet to win at home in the league when conceding first (D3, L7).
- Winning just one of their last seven league outings, Heerenveen still mathematically have a chance at the playoffs, but will need a large chunk of luck. An average of just 1.28 goals scored per Eredivisie game isn’t hugely encouraging though, nor is netting the opener in an unimpressive 50% of their league fixtures (W9, D5, L2).
- However, whilst Heerenveen have scored first and netted twice for two away matches on the spin, the ‘Super Frisians’ have conceded 2+ goals in four of their last five awaydays (W1, D1, L3). Ten of their 12 goals conceded in these fixtures came after HT, so improving their poor second-half record on the road this Eredivisie campaign (SH: W2, D5, L9) could be the key to European football next term.
- Players to watch: Emmen’s Michael de Leeuw scored a hat-trick three games ago and has netted five H2H career goals. Heerenveen H2H hero Henk Veerman was the first and last goalscorer in the reverse fixture, and has scored in all three of Heerenveen’s away league wins this term.
- Hot stat: Emmen have conceded in both halves in 13 league fixtures this term, including the reverse fixture.