Match Preview: AZ Alkmaar 5-0 Heracles Predictions and Betting Tips 16.05.2021
AZ Alkmaar – Heracles Predictions & Tips For Today, May 16, 2021.
League: NETHERLANDS: Eredivisie – Round 34
Match: 13:30 AZ Alkmaar – Heracles
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 5:0 WON!!!
AZ Alkmaar – Heracles Match Preview
- AZ Alkmaar’s goalless draw last time out means they’re almost certain to finish in third place, but finishing the season strong, they’ve kept five clean sheets from their last seven games (W5, D1, L1). Furthermore, they’ve picked up more points at this stage than in nine of their last ten campaigns and are level with 2017/18, one in which they won their final home game 6-0.
- The AFAS Stadium has provided a safe haven for AZ of late as they boast the Eredivisie’s current longest home winning streak (W6), whilst also going 320 minutes without conceding. Addtionally, the hosts have not drawn any competitive home game in 2021 (W7, L3), whilst the side scoring first won eight times during that run.
- It is do or die for Heracles who must get at least a point here if they are to sneak into the final play-off spot, although it’s also dependent on Sparta’s result. Frank Wormuth’s men are unbeaten in four of their last five league games (W2, D2), although their win-rate as league outsiders leaves room for improvement (W3, D6, L9).
- Both teams have scored before HT in a league-low 3.03% of Heracles’ games so far, which includes none on the road (HT: W4, D7, L5). These slow starts often amount to a grandstand finish though – Heracles’ away league games have produced 30 goals after HT compared to just 15 before, however, 62.5% of games ended with the same result as HT.
- Players to watch: Myron Boadu can equal last season’s Eredivisie goal haul with one here – just one of his 13 strikes for AZ this season was a match opener. Heracles’ man in form Sinan Bakis has scored six of his ten-goal haul in the Eredivisie across his last five appearances, he also bagged in their last three league wins.
- Hot stat: AZ have picked up more points than all but Feyenoord when conceding first this season (W4, D4, L4).