Match Preview: Barnsley 0-1 Swansea Predictions and Betting Tips 17.05.2021
Barnsley – Swansea Predictions & Tips For Today, May 17, 2021.
League: ENGLAND: Championship – Play Offs – Semi-finals
Match: 20:15 Barnsley – Swansea
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:1 LOST
Barnsley – Swansea Match Preview
- In a repeat of their playoff meeting 15 years ago, Barnsley face Swansea in a 77th competitive H2H (BAR: W24, D15, L37), as they look to re-enter the Premier League for the first time since 1997/98. Firstly though, the ‘Tykes’ will need to shake off a 12-game winless H2H run that started after that 2006 playoff (90mins: D5, L7)!
- Secondly, Barnsley need to channel the home league form that’s seen them lose just one of their last 11 league matches here (W6, D4, L1). Yet despite scoring first for three on the spin at home and not losing a league match here when netting first (W10, D3), the Tykes have conceded first for two home H2Hs.
- Swansea City held their playoff spot even though they laboured to win just three of their last 11 league matches (W3, D2, L6). Eight of those matches ended with one or no teams scoring, and on average, 2.27 match goals were scored over these 11 fixtures. As the last four H2Hs produced an average of 1.50 goals per match, a tight affair could play out.
- However, the ‘Swans’ have conceded first for two straight awaydays and have won just one away league match when conceding first this term (W1, D4, L7). Taking stock in the fact that Swansea haven’t lost an away league game when scoring first (W10, D1), and when leading at HT (FT: W9), they appear dangerous underdogs and could be hard to break down if they score first.
- Players to watch: Barnsley’s 12-goal Cauley Woodrow broke an eight-game goalless run to score the opener last time at home – can he break a four-game H2H goalless run here? Swansea’s 16-goal André Ayew scored a second-half opener in his first ever trip to Barnsley, and has opened the scoring in five of his last seven goalscoring games.
- Hot stat: Five of the last seven competitive meetings produced goals in both halves!
Match Preview: Londrina - CSA Predictions and Betting Tips 02.07.2022
Match Preview: Gold Coast Utd 0-1 Logan Lightning Predictions and Betting Tips 01.07.2022
Match Preview: Switzerland W 0-4 England W Predictions and Betting Tips 30.06.2022
Match Preview: SK Gjovik-Lyn 0-7 Stabaek Predictions and Betting Tips 29.06.2022