Match Preview: Newcastle 1-0 Sheffield Utd Predictions and Betting Tips 19.05.2021
Newcastle – Sheffield Utd Predictions & Tips For Today, May 19, 2021.
League: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 37
Match: 18:00 Newcastle – Sheffield Utd
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:0 WON!!!
Newcastle – Sheffield Utd Match Preview
- Mathematically safe, a win here could haul Newcastle up to 15th, but regardless goals look likely as their last eight fixtures have averaged 4.0 goals per game (W3, D2, L3), a marked increase on the 2.61 seen in their Premier League (PL) matches prior. The ‘Magpies’ have been drawn to late drama though, witnessing 47.62% of their PL match goals arrive after the 60th minute, and have led just five times at HT – the division’s joint-second-lowest total.
- Newcastle’s 4-3 defeat to Manchester City made it ten straight home games without a clean sheet, but they have now taken a home lead 14 times this league campaign. However after losing that match, they’ve also conceded an equaliser nine times here this PL season, but that back-and-forth nature means only Manchester United have witnessed more match goals at home than Newcastle (58) this campaign.
- Despite relegation being confirmed in mid-April, Sheffield United still have fighting spirit and have won 1-0 twice in four PL games since (W2, L2). Indeed, following a winless PL start to 2020/21 (D2, L15), the ‘Blades’ have recorded six victories by a one-goal margin in the 19 PL games following. Furthermore across eight league fixtures vs the bottom six, there was an average of just 1.5 goals (W3, D2, L3).
- Perhaps unsurprisingly, no away side has claimed fewer points (seven), won fewer games (two), or scored fewer goals (eight) than Sheffield! Whilst three of their eight away goals came before the 15th minute, they’ve suffered at the other end late on, witnessing 54.29% of their ‘away goals against’ arrive after the hour mark.
- Players to watch: Newcastle’s Joe Willock has outscored his teammates in 2021 with six PL goals – four were netted after the hour mark. Sheffield’s biggest hope could be David McGoldrick who has been their first goalscorer in the last 12 competitive matches he’s found the net.
- Hot streak: Sheffield haven’t drawn for 26 competitive games!