Match Preview: Brentford 2-0 Swansea Predictions and Betting Tips 29.05.2021
Brentford – Swansea Predictions & Tips For Today, May 29, 2021.
League: ENGLAND: Championship – Play Offs – Final
Match: 15:00 Brentford – Swansea
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:0 WON!!!
Brentford – Swansea Match Preview
- After suffering a ninth failed play-off appearance in the EFL only last year, Brentford are just one win away from becoming the 50th different club to play in the Premier League. Ahead of their second-ever playoff final at this level, a game often described as the world’s most valuable game, they are the form side having lost just one of their last 14 games (W7, D6, L1).
- Though Brentford had a 50% clean-sheet rate across those 14 fixtures mentioned above, they squandered a lead to draw 1-1 in both league H2Hs. However, they notably recovered a league-high 23 points when conceding first in 2020/21 (W6, D5, L5).
- As a bonus to the Bees’ favourable odds, Brentford manager Thomas Frank also boasts a 50% win-rate from managerial H2Hs vs counterpart Steve Cooper (W3, D2, L1). Within that record, all three victories saw his side score in both halves and hold a 2-0 HT lead.
- Despite striking first in both semi-final legs vs Barnsley, Swansea are deserving sportsbook outsiders on paper. They finished seven points below Brentford in the regular EFL Championship season, and with four of the last six second-tier playoff finals favouring the higher finishers, the ‘Swans’ already appear to face an uphill battle.
- Regardless, their plucky nature is reflected by a positive Championship record as underdogs this term (W5, D5, L4). They also boast an admirable 47.62% win/draw rate across the season when conceding the opener (W3, D7, L11).
- Players to watch: Brentford’s Ivan Toney saw over a third (11) of his record-breaking 31 regular-season Championship goals act as match openers. Any response to another may come from André Ayew, with five (31.25%) of his 16 regular-season league goals for Swansea serving as equalisers, including a late strike (77’) in reply to Toney’s opener in the away H2H.
- Hot stat: Eight of the last nine Championship play-off finals have been settled by a one-goal margin or drawn (90 mins).