Match Preview: Norway 1-0 Luxembourg Predictions and Betting Tips 02.06.2021
Norway – Luxembourg Predictions & Tips For Today, June 2, 2021.
League: Friendly International
Match: 18:00 Norway – Luxembourg
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:0 LOST
Norway – Luxembourg Match Preview
- Without European Championship action for a fifth successive tournament, Norway will hope to console themselves with a big win against Luxembourg, a side they haven’t lost to since 1946 (W7, D1 following) and haven’t conceded a goal to since 1973 (W5, GF 12 hence). The ‘Lions’ have roared late on in recent games though, scoring their first goal beyond the hour mark in six of their last eight matches – excluding forfeit and scoreless results.
- The Scandinavians’ are chasing a fifth consecutive friendly win here for the first time since 2009/10, and early action could be likely as eight of Norway’s last nine matches – excluding forfeits – have seen duplicate HT/FT results. Given that seven of their last ten friendlies have been decided by a single-goal margin (W5, D1, L4), another tight affair could be in store.
- Lowly Luxembourg have won just one of their last nine international friendlies (W1, D2, L6) and remain on a run of five consecutive friendly losses. Of greater concern though will be their goalscoring record as Luxembourg have failed to score before HT in 17 of their last 18 friendlies.
- With just one win across their previous six games (W1, D1, L4), Luxembourg’s recent form fails to inspire, although two of their three goals during that stint arrived in or before the 30th minute. On top of that, seven of Luxembourg’s last ten win/loss results have come via a single-goal margin with six such winners arriving beyond the hour mark – five of those seven matches also witnessed at least one red card.
- Players to watch: Norway haven’t lost (W8, D1) when Alexander Sørloth has netted his 11 international goals – six were as their last scorer. Meanwhile, Daniel da Mota could celebrate his 100th Luxembourg cap with a goal – all seven of his previous strikes have been Luxembourg’s only strike of the game.
- Hot stat: Norway haven’t conceded before HT in 14 of their last 18 matches (walkover results excluded).