Match Preview: Kosovo 2-1 Malta Predictions and Betting Tips 04.06.2021
Kosovo – Malta Predictions & Tips For Today, June 4, 2021.
League: Friendly International
Match: 17:00 Kosovo – Malta
Tip: Home Win
Match Result: 2:1 WON!!!
Kosovo – Malta Match Preview
- Presently ranked #120 by FIFA, Kosovo go into this exhibition vs Malta (#175) at Klagenfurt (Austria) having won seven of their last eight international matches (D1) against nations currently ranked worse than them by FIFA. Two of those wins came against none other than Malta – both by a 2+ goal margin – after they scored the opening goal within 30 minutes in each of those H2Hs.
- Since joining FIFA as an independent footballing nation in 2016, Bernard Challandes’ men have lost only one of their ten friendlies (W8, D1, L1), with all but two of these victories being accompanied by a clean sheet. Additionally, it’s also worth noting that their last five matches have witnessed one side lead ‘to nil’ at the break (HT: W3, L2).
- Malta’s 3-0 loss against Northern Ireland at the same venue last Sunday saw their winless run stretched to a disappointing five matches (D2, L3), and they’ve now conceded exactly three goals in two straight matches. Encouragingly though, Malta have not conceded over 2.5 goals in three consecutive internationals since October 2008!
- Usually strong before the break, Devis Mangia’s side have conceded just once before HT across their previous five international matches outside of Malta (W1, D2, L2). There’s work to be done to improve after the break though, especially given that they’ve conceded six of eight goals across the last two H2Hs after the hour mark.
- Players to watch: In-form Vedat Muriqi scored four goals for Kosovo against San Marino earlier this week, and has found the net in the previous two H2Hs. For Malta, Luke Montebello is still aiming to register his first international goal, but he has scored in eight of his previous ten club appearances.
- Hot stat: Malta’s previous three friendlies have witnessed the opening goal scored inside the first ten minutes.