Match Preview: Faroe Islands 5-1 Liechtenstein Predictions and Betting Tips 07.06.2021
Faroe Islands – Liechtenstein Predictions & Tips For Today, June 7, 2021.
League: Friendly International
Match: 19:45 Faroe Islands – Liechtenstein
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 5:1 WON!!!
Faroe Islands – Liechtenstein Match Preview
- The Faroe Islands (FIFA rank: #113) lost to Iceland on Friday, thus failing to equal their longest-ever run without a home defeat (five games), and registering a third straight loss in the process. Slow starts have been the culprit lately, as the Faroese haven’t led at HT in a single match during their current seven-game winless run (D3, L4).
- However, the Faroe Islands’ last victory came at home vs lowly Andorra (#158), after they opened the scoring inside the first 20 minutes. Remarkably, in a sequence that goes back to 2004, each of their last ten home victories have seen them net first and consequently lead at HT in eight, including the last H2H here in 2018.
- European minnows Liechtenstein lost 7-0 to Switzerland last time out, registering their worst defeat since September 2017. They also conceded 6+ second-half goals in that match for the first time since 2016, but will hope for a decent result here, as they have registered their wins only against sides ranked #90 or worse.
- Damningly, Liechtenstein have also conceded 3+ goals in eight of their last ten defeats and in each of the previous three H2Hs. Meanwhile, exactly half of Liechtenstein’s last 14 games played on foreign soil have seen them lose at both HT/FT, while conceding first within the opening 20 minutes in the last four (D1, L3).
- Players to watch: Home captain Hallur Hansson has scored four of his last six competitive goals after the break, whilst Yanik Frick has scored two of Liechtenstein’s four goals since the start of 2020. However, the son of Liechtenstein’s all-time top scorer (Mario Frick) has also been booked in four of his last seven international appearances.
- Hot stat: Liechtenstein have conceded at least one goal in or after the 75th minute in each of their previous seven away defeats