Match Preview: Gambia 0-1 Kosovo Predictions and Betting Tips 11.06.2021
Gambia – Kosovo Predictions & Tips For Today, June 11, 2021.
League: Friendly International
Match: 18:00 Gambia – Kosovo
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:1 LOST
Gambia – Kosovo Match Preview
- Ranked #120, Kosovo’s final appearance before World Cup Qualifying (WCQ) in September sees them tackle Gambia (#152) in Turkey after a midweek 2-1 defeat to Guinea. It proved to be their fifth consecutive fixture without keeping a clean sheet and not only did they fall short of three straight wins for the first time since late 2018, they’ve now also failed to complete three games in a row in that period without conceding 2+ goals at least once.
- Kosovo have never lost to a nation currently placed worse than them in the FIFA rankings (W8, D1) since their debut in 2014, with five of those eight wins accompanied by a clean sheet. Notably, two of the three exceptions were recorded earlier this month when conquering Malta (2-1) and San Marino (4-1).
- After qualifying for their maiden Africa Cup of Nations appearance, Gambia have pressed on with consecutive wins ‘to nil’ against two higher ranked CAF nations in Niger and Togo. Here, they take on European opposition for the first time since meeting Luxembourg in 2007 (2-1 loss).
- In stark contrast with Kosovo, the Gambians have conceded one or no goals in 12 of their last 14 outings (W6, D4, L4 after 90 minutes FT), including seven 0-0 drawn HT results – 71.43% of those games ended with fewer than 2.5 total goals. Despite that though, they’ve now completed 25 consecutive international matches without witnessing a scoreless draw.
- Players to watch: With his stoppage time strike against Guinea, Kosovo forward Arb Manaj has now scored in four of his last eight appearances for club or country. Assan Ceesay remains the only Gambian to score for his country in two internationals since 2020, opening the scoring in the second half on both occasions.
- Hot stat: Gambia have not lost a friendly international against any opposition for nearly a decade (W7, D3), including four wins ‘to nil’ (either 1-0 or 2-0) in their last four.
Match Preview: Londrina - CSA Predictions and Betting Tips 02.07.2022
Match Preview: Gold Coast Utd 0-1 Logan Lightning Predictions and Betting Tips 01.07.2022
Match Preview: Switzerland W 0-4 England W Predictions and Betting Tips 30.06.2022
Match Preview: SK Gjovik-Lyn 0-7 Stabaek Predictions and Betting Tips 29.06.2022