Match Preview: Ghana 0-0 Ivory Coast Predictions and Betting Tips 12.06.2021
Ghana – Ivory Coast Predictions & Tips For Today, June 12, 2021.
League: Friendly International
Match: 18:00 Ghana – Ivory Coast
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:0 LOST
Ghana – Ivory Coast Match Preview
- The Cape Coast Sports Stadium in Ghana’s central region plays host to the 20th friendly H2H between these sides, with the first being held way back in February 1967. Expect a close battle, as none of the four friendly H2Hs played this century (W2, D1, L1) have separated the sides by more than one goal.
- Despite taking five consecutive first-half clean sheets within their last six matches, the ‘Black Stars’ have won just once across their last five friendlies (W1, D1, L3). Ghana failed to score in four of those five exhibition games, although the lone exception saw them net five goals in a game for the first time since 2017!
- The hosts possess a slight edge across the preceding 19 exhibition battles (W7, D6, L6). However, the Ivory Coast won the last H2H friendly 1-0, potentially setting them up to register consecutive H2H friendly wins for the first time since April 1987, and in turn beat a CAF-region opponent currently inside FIFA’s top 50 for only the second time since the start of February 2016.
- The visitors should be difficult to penetrate – at least before the break – as they have six HT clean sheets from seven games, including an admirable 1-1 draw against FIFA #1 ranked Belgium. As was the case in both of the Ivorians’ H2H friendly defeats this century, each of their last five friendly wins vs CAF-region opposition have seen both teams score.
- Players to watch: Jordan Ayew’s next goal will be emotional as he stands one shy of joining his brother André Ayew and father Abedi Pele in the all-time scorers for Ghana. At the opposite end in the spectrum of achievement, Manchester United starlet Amad Diallo’s debut international goal last time out was a sensational 97th-minute free-kick sealing a 2-1 comeback win for Ivory Coast.
- Hot stat: Nine (75%) of Ghana’s last 12 friendlies have had the same result at HT and FT.