Match Preview: Portugal 2-4 Germany Predictions and Betting Tips 19.06.2021
Portugal – Germany Predictions & Tips For Today, June 19, 2021.
League: Euro 2020 – Round 2
Match: 17:00 Portugal – Germany
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:4 WON!!!
Portugal – Germany Match Preview
- A hydro-powered Cristiano Ronaldo inspired Portugal to a 3-0 victory over Hungary on matchday one, in what was their best ever-win in an opening game of a European Championship. Their previous two opening day wins in 2000 and 2008 were followed by victory in their next match, and Portugal will hope for a continuation of that despite taking on opponents Germany with a negative Euro H2H record (W1, D1, L2).
- The reigning champions have now extended their unbeaten run in this competition to 12 fixtures (W5, D7 – 90 minutes) and are yet to trail at the break in 13 (HT: W2, D11). There’s been talk in the Portuguese camp that this side is in even better shape than during their 2016 triumph, and with an average of one goal scored during regulation time in that campaign – compared to their three scored vs Hungary – there could be truth to that.
- Three-time European champions Germany fell to a 1-0 loss on matchday one as they scored an own goal, and subsequently suffered an opening day group stage defeat for the first time in this competition. Incredibly, that own goal – Germany’s first in a major finals since 1978 – was the third of the tournament, equalling the number registered after all 51 matches of Euro 2016!
- The Euro 1996 winners (at Wembley) have also won just one of their previous five matchday two group stage fixtures (W1, D2, L2), and were eliminated on the last two occasions in which they didn’t secure at least one win after two games. However they have won four H2Hs in a row.
- Players to watch: Headline stealing Cristiano Ronaldo netted an opening day brace to become the European Championship’s all-time top scorer with 11 goals, just a day after being attributed to wiping four billion in value from the world’s most famous drink brand! Germany’s Thomas Müller is still waiting for his first Euro goal, but scored a hat-trick against Portugal at the 2014 World Cup.
- Hot stat: Six of Portugal’s last eight goals came in the 80th minute or later.