Match Preview: Finland 0-2 Belgium Predictions and Betting Tips 21.06.2021
Finland – Belgium Predictions & Tips For Today, June 21, 2021.
League: Euro 2020 – Round 3
Match: 20:00 Finland – Belgium
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:2 WON!!!
Finland – Belgium Match Preview
- After a pair of 1-0 results either way, Finland head into their final group game at the Gazprom Arena in St Petersburg knowing only a win will guarantee them a Round of 16 spot, although a draw will be enough should Russia lose to Denmark in their final fixture. Despite winning just one their last eight matches (D2, L5), Finland can look to Euro 2016 for inspiration, when four of five debutants qualified through the groups.
- FIFA’s #54 ranked nation are capable of making life uncomfortable for their opposition, as only one of their last six matches saw over 2.5 goals. Interestingly, each of their last five H2Hs with Belgium also saw a lack of goals, and considering they haven’t lost to Belgium since 1968 (W4, D3 since), the ‘Eagle-owls’ might just fancy themselves to soar into the knockouts.
- Belgium’s comeback win vs Denmark booked their spot in the Euro 2020 knockout phase, with just a draw required to top Group B. Giving Finland some hope, no team won all three group games at Euro 2016, although Belgium achieved this in the World Cup group stages in 2014 and 2018. They also won their final group game in their last four major tournaments, and haven’t lost a game to any side currently outside FIFA’s top 20 since losing to Japan in 2013.
- In great form overall with just one defeat in 25 internationals (W21, D3) – 17 of which saw them beat a -1 handicap – Belgium will have high hopes of a first major championship trophy. Indeed, they’re the only #1 ranked FIFA nation in history to have never won a World Cup or European Championship, so they might be extra motivated.
- Players to watch: Finnish forward Joel Pohjanpalo has scored 70% of his international goals in the second half, while Belgium star Kevin De Bruyne is the only European player to have assists in the last four major international tournaments (2014 & 2018 WC, 2016 & 2020 Euros)
- Hot stat: Finland have conceded in the 46th-60th minute in eight of their last ten defeats.