Match Preview: Germany 2-2 Hungary Predictions and Betting Tips 23.06.2021
Germany – Hungary Predictions & Tips For Today, June 23, 2021.
League: Euro 2020 – Round 3
Match: 20:00 Germany – Hungary
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:2 WON!!!
Germany – Hungary Match Preview
- Germany’s chances of topping Euro 2020’s ‘group of death’ have drastically improved after a 4-2 matchday two win vs reigning champions Portugal. Aided by a first ever brace of own goals from one team in a Euro finals match, that victory extended Germany’s impressive form to just three losses in their last 22 on home soil (W11, D8, L3).
- Theoretically, Germany could still suffer group stage eliminations in successive major tournaments for the first time ever, but they’ve averaged an encouraging 2.60 goals per fixture across their last ten home internationals (W5, D3, L2). Defensive improvements are still needed though, with only three clean sheets in their last 16 games overall.
- Prior to Saturday’s six-goal thriller, Hungary held on to claim a priceless point against world champions France (1-1). In turn, FIFA’s 37th ranked nation will arrive at the Allianz Arena in Munich having only lost once in 13 outings, conceding just 0.77 goals on average in that time.
- That said, five of the Hungarians’ last six goals conceded have fallen after the 80th minute, hinting at the possibility of a late slump. For historians, this notion is further backed by Hungary being winless in four ‘matchday three’ fixtures at major tournaments since the 1966 World Cup.
- Aside from their memorable 8-3 beating of Germany in neighbouring Switzerland during the 1954 World Cup, post-war H2H history is also firmly against Hungary, with the one-time ‘Magical Magyars’ losing half of their last 12 battles vs the four-time world champions (W2, D4, L6).
- Players to watch: Germany’s Robin Gosens has eight direct goal involvements across his last 11 matches for club and country (four goals & four assists). Meanwhile, Hungarian hero Attila Fiola netted the match opener versus France last time out, and now has two goals in his last four international appearances, with both arriving in the 45th minute.
- Hot stat: Germany have limited the opposition to under 3.5 shots on target in each of their last seven internationals.