Match Preview: Ukraine 0-4 England Predictions and Betting Tips 03.07.2021
Ukraine – England Predictions & Tips For Today, July 3, 2021.
League: Euro 2020 – Play Offs – Quarter-finals
Match: 20:00 Ukraine – England
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:4 WON!!!
Ukraine – England Match Preview
- A last gasp Artem Dovbyk strike saw Ukraine defeat Sweden 2-1 after extra-time to progress into their first ever European Championship quarter-final. That joy could be shortlived though, as in Rome they meet a nation they’ve beaten just once in seven H2Hs (D2, L4), including a 1-0 loss to England at Euro 2012 in what was their only previous meeting at a major tournament.
- Scoring two goals in three of their four Euro 2020 matches, Ukraine’s attack could again be heavily relied upon here as after conceding against Sweden, Andriy Shevchenko’s side have kept just three clean sheets across their last 19 internationals (W6, D5, L8). More positively though, since late 2018, Ukraine boast a solid record against sides currently ranked in FIFA’s top ten (W2, D3, L2).
- England booked a third quarter-final spot from their last four Euro appearances courtesy of a 2-0 win over Germany at Wembley, in what was their first knock-out victory over the Germans since the 1966 World Cup final. That result gave Gareth Southgate’s men a fourth clean sheet in a row at Euro 2020, making England only the second side in Euro history to not concede in any of their opening four games.
- That victory further extended the Three Lions’ unbeaten run to ten internationals (W9, D1), whilst they’ve lost just twice to opposition currently ranked worse than Ukraine (#24) since a H2H defeat back in October 2009. Concern here will instead come from a lack of goalscoring, as England’s four goals netted at Euro 2020 is the lowest return from any side left in the competition.
- Players to watch: Ukraine’s Andriy Yarmolenko has five direct goal involvements – two goals and three assists – at Euro 2020, three of those came between the 25th and 35th minute. Meanwhile, Raheem Sterling has scored three of England’s four Euro 2020 goals – his side have now won all 13 internationals in which he’s netted.
- Hot stat: Ukraine have only scored three goals across their seven meetings with England, and never more than once in a match.