Match Preview: CFR Cluj 1-1 Young Boys Predictions and Betting Tips 03.08.2021
CFR Cluj – Young Boys Predictions & Tips For Today, August 3, 2021.
League: Champions League – Qualification – Semi-finals
Match: 19:00 CFR Cluj – Young Boys
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:1 WON!!!
CFR Cluj – Young Boys Match Preview
- As the first leg of the UEFA Champions League (UCL) third qualifying round looms, Romanian champions CFR Cluj will be looking to inch closer to the group stage for the first time since 2012/13. Going by their recent European record, Cluj will be confident here, as the Romanians have lost just once across their last 11 UCL qualifiers (W7, D3, L1 – excluding playoffs).
- The hosts are even more likely to be turbo-charged considering their current five-match winning streak in all competitions, as well as their unbeaten competitive home record vs Swiss clubs (W2, D1). For interested neutrals, a tight affair is likely as both those wins vs Swiss teams – as well as four of Cluj’s recent five victories – have come courtesy of a single-goal margin.
- Despite being one of the oldest clubs on the continental stage (est. 1898), Young Boys are looking to make only their second-ever UCL group stage appearance. An unbeaten start to the competitive season (W2, D2) for David Wagner’s side will give them hope of preserving their unbeaten H2H record with Cluj (W1, D1), which came about after these teams met in last season’s UEFA Europa League group stage.
- A draw in their only away UCL qualifier this season, however, underlines Young Boys’ struggles on the road – struggles that have seen the Swiss boys lose ten of their previous 13 UCL away games (W1, D2, L10). Pertinently, all but one of those ten losses came via a 2+ goal margin, further highlighting their torrid away form.
- Players to watch: Rúnar Már Sigurjónsson has been an ice-cold presence for Cluj slotting home two second-half strikes and assisting two UCL goals this qualification campaign. For the visitors, their last domestic away win saw Jordan Siebatcheu take centre stage with a brace beyond the hour mark.
- Hot stat: Young Boys have failed to score before HT in 12 of their last 13 UCL away games.