Match Preview: Shakhtar Donetsk 2-1 Genk Predictions and Betting Tips 10.08.2021
Shakhtar Donetsk – Genk Predictions & Tips For Today, August 10, 2021.
League: Champions League – Qualification – Semi-finals
Match: 18:30 Shakhtar Donetsk – Genk
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:1 WON!!!
Shakhtar Donetsk – Genk Match Preview
- Shakhtar Donetsk gained a significant advantage over Belgium’s Genk in their first UEFA Champions League (UCL) qualification journey in half a decade, as they secured a come-from-behind 2-1 away victory during the first leg. A two-leg playoff with Sparta Prague or Monaco awaits them lest they suffer another surprise defeat such as the one that came at home vs Oleksandriya in the Ukrainian Premier League last Saturday.
- As far as the continental stage goes, however, Shakhtar have consistently justified being regular favourites both at home and away. In fact, no underdog has defeated the Ukrainians in UEFA competition in 11 fixtures at any venue (W7, D4) since Celta Vigo bundled them out of the Europa League Round of 16 in 2016/17. Their five most recent such matches saw them open the scoring (W4, D1).
- Genk’s only trip to Ukraine was a 1-0 win at Dinamo Kiev in 2013/14 and they sharpened up for this cut-throat match with a 2-1 away domestic league win at Kortrijk on Saturday. In fact, Genk have won five of their last seven competitive fixtures away from home (D1, L1), starting as underdogs in two of those five victories.
- Notably, they salvaged their most recent league win despite a HT deficit – a complete parallel with their reverse meeting against Shakhtar Donetsk. All but two of their last 13 fixtures in all competitions have now either been drawn or decided by a one-goal margin, so another tight tussle can be anticipated.
- Players to watch: Shakhtar’s match winner from the reverse leg, Alan Patrick, has scored their second goal in two of the Ukrainian side’s last four competitive fixtures. For the visitors, forward Paul Onuachu has scored his side’s first goal in each of Genk’s most recent two encounters.
- Hot stat: The second half has produced the most goals in each of Genk’s last seven competitive matches.