Match Preview: Lorient 1-0 Monaco Predictions and Betting Tips 13.08.2021
Lorient – Monaco Predictions & Tips For Today, August 13, 2021.
League: FRANCE: Ligue 1 – Round 2
Match: 20:00 Lorient – Monaco
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:0 LOST
Lorient – Monaco Match Preview
- Lorient were likely satisfied with their 16th-placed finish on their return to Ligue 1 (L1) last season, and a lack of notable transfers in either direction over summer means they’re largely tackling this new campaign with the same core group of players. They started with a 1-1 away draw on matchday one, therefore manager Christophe Pélissier will be hoping that like last season, where they picked up 76.19% of their league points on their own turf, home form can be key.
- Their solid home form in that campaign started with a 3-1 victory at the Stade du Moustoir against Strasbourg in their opening home fixture. All three of their goals in that encounter came after HT, which seems important to note as five of the previous seven L1 goals they’ve scored across this season and last arrived inside the second half.
- Although Monaco ultimately fell short in the L1 title race last season, their impressive run of just two defeats from their final 23 league matches (W17, D4) does suggest they’ll be ones to watch this season, especially with the purchase of highly-rated players such as former AZ Alkmaar forward Myron Boadu. They did stumble in their league opener though, forced to settle for a 1-1 home draw against Nantes despite conceding just one shot on target.
- They’ll be confident of getting back on track here though given they’ve not lost in six competitive H2H clashes with their hosts (W5, D1), and boast a standout aggregate scoreline of 17-4 across that sequence.
- Players to watch: With three goals in just two appearances against Monaco last season, Terem Moffi could be Lorient’s biggest threat here. He may be in a straight shoot out against Wissam Ben Yedder who also enjoys this fixture after netting two second-half goals in the last H2H.
- Hot stat: There have been 12 match goals across the last three H2Hs – nine arrived after HT.