Match Preview: Betis 1-1 Cadiz CF Predictions and Betting Tips 20.08.2021
Betis – Cadiz CF Predictions & Tips For Today, August 20, 2021.
League: SPAIN: LaLiga – Round 2
Match: 20:00 Betis – Cadiz CF
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:1 WON!!!
Betis – Cadiz CF Match Preview
- It was an underwhelming start to the season for Real Betis who could only draw 1-1 in their La Liga (LL) opener against division newbies Mallorca, although that result did extend their impressive unbeaten league streak to 12 matches (W4, D8) – their longest such run since 2002. They should now head into this first home league game of the campaign with confidence considering they lost only one of their 14 home fixtures against sides who finished below them last season (W10, D3).
- Despite the above, success in the opening home game of the campaign hasn’t always been a guarantee for the hosts – they’ve won just two of their previous six first home games of the season (D2, L2). One of those two victories did come ‘to nil’ last season though, which is a point worth noting considering they beat Cádiz twice last term without conceding a single goal.
- The visitors outperformed expectations in 2020/21 with their impressive 12th-place finish in their return to LL, in turn securing consecutive top-flight seasons for the first time since 1992/93. But whilst the mood in camp will be high, coach Álvaro Cervera might be starting to feel uneasy about the fact last weekend’s 1-1 draw vs Levante means his side are now without a LL win in four matches (D2, L2).
- Cervera also won’t like that he’s lost each of his previous three H2H clashes with Betis boss Manuel Pellegrini, by an aggregate scoreline of 5-0! Interestingly, three of those combined five goals were conceded after the 70th minute, including both last season.
- Players to watch: Juanmi scored in Betis’ opener last week, and he netted in the last H2H – both goals arrived after HT. Veteran Cádiz forward Álvaro Negredo boasts five-goal involvements in ten matches vs Betis (four goals, one assist).
- Hot stat: No pre-match outsider secured victory in LL’s opening weekend (D5, L5).