Match Preview: Wolves 0-1 Tottenham Predictions and Betting Tips 22.08.2021
Wolves – Tottenham Predictions & Tips For Today, August 22, 2021.
League: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 2
Match: 14:00 Wolves – Tottenham
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:1 LOST
Wolves – Tottenham Match Preview
- After a loss on the opening weekend, it’ll be an emotional occasion here for Wolves fans as they see their former manager Nuno Espírito Santo in the opposition dugout for the very first time. They’ll be hoping the resulting added passion can help their team end a four-game Premier League (PL) losing run, their longest such sequence since losing seven consecutive top-flight fixtures in March-April 2012.
- History’s not on Wolves’ side though, with no win in their first home league game of a new season since their 2018/19 return to the PL (D2, L1). They’ve also overcome Tottenham just once across the last seven top-flight meetings at Molineux (D2, L4). While this is all painting a bleak picture for the hosts, they will take comfort knowing that you have to go back to 2003/04 to find the last time they started a PL season with two consecutive losses.
- In his return to Molineux, Espírito Santo will take on his successor and fellow Portuguese coach Bruno Lage. It’ll be the eighth occasion he’s faced a fellow countryman in the PL, but notably, he’s won only two of the previous seven such encounters (D3, L2).
- Despite this and the Harry Kane saga, mood in the Spurs camp should be high following their impressive 1-0 opening day victory against champions Manchester City. They’ve also shown themselves to be tough to defeat on the road recently, losing only one of their previous five PL away matches (W2, D2). Impressively, they netted 2+ goals in four of those fixtures.
- Players to watch: Fans will be excited about Raúl Jiménez potentially making his first PL appearance at Molineux since November 2020 – he’s the top PL scorer in Wolves’ history (34). Of all the current PL sides that he’s previously played against, Wolves are the only team Spurs’ Heung-min Son hasn’t scored against.
- Hot stat: Among all PL fixtures played 14+ times, this one has the second-highest away win ratio (50%).