Match Preview: Tottenham 1-0 Watford Predictions and Betting Tips 29.08.2021
Tottenham – Watford Predictions & Tips For Today, August 29, 2021.
League: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 3
Match: 14:00 Tottenham – Watford
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:0 WON!!!
Tottenham – Watford Match Preview
- So far so good for Nuno Espírito Santo since taking over at Tottenham Hotspur, recording a brace of 1-0 Premier League (PL) wins despite dealing with uncertainty surrounding the future of Harry Kane. “He’s one of our own,” chanted the ‘Spurs’ fans as he made his first appearance of the season against Wolverhampton Wanderers.
- He’s now declared his intention to stay and involved or not here, there’s a good chance of a result either way as none of Tottenham’s last 11 home league games were drawn (W7, L4). As they’ve never lost a home PL H2H (W6, D1), Spurs supporters will hope to see their side open a league campaign with three straight wins for the first time since 2018/19.
- Ironically, Watford (W1, L1) ended that sequence, but they’re facing an early-season injury crisis in midfield and new signing Ozan Tufan won’t arrive until after the international break. Beaten by Brighton & Hove Albion after an opening-day win over Aston Villa, they did claim a morale-boosting midweek EFL Cup victory over Crystal Palace.
- The ‘Hornets’ have struggled on the road though, losing seven straight PL away games, something they also did in the 2016/17, a campaign in which they narrowly avoided relegation. That’s the absolute minimum target for manager Xisco this term and after conceding in each of their last three away games in or before the tenth minute, a solid start is essential.
- Players to watch: A revitalised Dele Alli scored his first PL goal in 17 months against Wolves, while his last four strikes for Tottenham came either inside the opening 15 minutes or after the 85th. Watford’s Emmanuel Dennis, who impressed against Palace, has opened the scoring in four of his last five goalscoring outings.
- Hot stat: The last five goals Spurs scored in competitive home H2Hs all came in or after the 80th minute.