Match Preview: Croatia 3-0 Slovenia Predictions and Betting Tips 07.09.2021
Croatia – Slovenia Predictions & Tips For Today, September 7, 2021.
League: World Cup – Qualification
Match: 19:45 Croatia – Slovenia
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 3:0 WON!!!
Croatia – Slovenia Match Preview
- World Cup (WC) finalists Croatia kept pace with Russia to remain joint-top of Group H thanks to a late strike from Marcelo Brozović last time out, marking the second time in three games that they’ve secured an equaliser or matchwinner after the 80th minute. A repeat of their first five results (W3, D1, L1) would see them equal their record from their 2018 WC qualification campaign, which was enough to send them through to the second-round playoffs.
- The ‘Blazers’ goalscoring unit might want to draw on the inspiration of 2018 hero Mario Mandžukić, who just announced his retirement from all forms of football, after a checkered record of just five goals in this edition. At least Croatia’s defence continues to excel as they’re already close to matching the six clean sheets earned at this stage of the 2018 WCQs, whilst 13 of their 15 matches across both editions (excluding playoffs) have produced two or fewer total goals.
- The only team to score against Croatia in this WCQ, Slovenia will be confident of taking points from their first visit to Split in 24 years. Slovenia’s home defeat of Croatia – their first H2H victory from ten attempts (D3, L6) – keeps them within reach of their third WC finals, currently sitting three points off the pace in Group H.
- Slovenia averaged 1.67 goals per WCQ game on both occasions when reaching the WC finals as an independent nation, but like their opponents here, continue to be quiet in front of goal. In fact, the visitors have scored two or more in a game just once in their last seven fixtures against all nations (vs Gibraltar).
- Players to watch: Ivan Perišić has scored in his last two internationals in Croatia, netting the match opener both times. Meanwhile, Slovenia’s Sandi Lovrić scored their only goal both in their most recent fixture and in the home meeting with Croatia.
- Hot stat: The HT result has been replicated at the FT whistle in all but one of Slovenia’s last 15 games, including friendlies.
Match Preview: Londrina - CSA Predictions and Betting Tips 02.07.2022
Match Preview: Gold Coast Utd 0-1 Logan Lightning Predictions and Betting Tips 01.07.2022
Match Preview: Switzerland W 0-4 England W Predictions and Betting Tips 30.06.2022
Match Preview: SK Gjovik-Lyn 0-7 Stabaek Predictions and Betting Tips 29.06.2022