Match Preview: Belarus 0-1 Belgium Predictions and Betting Tips 08.09.2021
Belarus – Belgium Predictions & Tips For Today, September 8, 2021.
League: World Cup – Qualification
Match: 19:45 Belarus – Belgium
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:1 LOST
Belarus – Belgium Match Preview
- Group E minnows Belarus started the month on the end of a tight defeat against Czech Republic (1-0), this was then followed by another agonisingly close loss to Wales (3-2) at the weekend, despite the hosts leading at the half-time break in that one. As a result, each of their last three matches have now ended in defeat via a single goal.
- Three straight World Cup Qualifying (WCQ) losses means it’s almost inevitable that Belarus’ first major tournament appearance will be postponed once again. In search of positives, Mikhail Markhel’s men have scored in seven of the last eight games as ‘hosts’ (W3, D1, L4), but with the 8-0 thumping opponents Belgium handed them in March still fresh in their memory, the picture looks bleak for FIFA’s #89 ranked nation.
- Belgium’s return to the international stage after falling to eventual champions, Italy, at the Euro 2020 quarter-finals could not have gotten off to a better start. A comfortable 5-2 win over Estonia was followed up by a dominant 3-0 victory over the Czech Republic, putting six points and daylight between FIFA’s #1 ranked side and the chasing pack in Group E.
- Heading into this clash as overwhelming favourites, should Roberto Martínez’s men secure the win here, they’ll be on course to finish top of their group for the third successive WCQ campaign. Their dominance in WCQ is remarkable, since losing 2-0 to fellow regular group compatriots Estonia in October 2009, Belgium have scored in each of the 25 ensuing fixtures, going undefeated in the process (W21, D4).
- Players to watch: Vitali Lisakovich scored and assisted Belarus’ goals last time out against Wales, while Romelu Lukaku’s goal in the last round means he’s scored eight goals in as many internationals for Belgium.
- Hot stat: Belgium have seen 12 of their last 13 fixtures on foreign soil register the same HT/FT result (excluding Euro 2020).
Match Preview: Dinamo Minsk - Decic Predictions and Betting Tips 07.07.2022
Match Preview: Bodo/Glimt 3-0 Klaksvik Predictions and Betting Tips 06.07.2022
Match Preview: St Josephs 0-0 Larne Predictions and Betting Tips 05.07.2022
Match Preview: Rahmatgonj MFS 7-1 Muktijoddha Sangsad Predictions and Betting Tips 04.07.2022