Match Preview: Everton 3-1 Burnley Predictions and Betting Tips 13.09.2021
Everton – Burnley Predictions & Tips For Today, September 13, 2021.
League: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 4
Match: 20:00 Everton – Burnley
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 3:1 WON!!!
Everton – Burnley Match Preview
- Despite overseeing a quiet summer of low expenditure, Everton boss Rafael Benítez has enjoyed a strong start to this Premier League (PL) campaign (W2, D1). The opportunity is there for him to become the third Everton manager this century to win both of his opening two PL home games in charge, and if he succeeds, Everton will avenge March’s dismal 2-1 home defeat to Burnley – their second H2H home loss in four seasons.
- Everton have seen both of their PL wins this season come by a margin of two goals, meaning they’ve already reached half the number of handicap-beating league victories they managed throughout the whole of 2020/21. Yet, their last PL home win to see a margin of 2+ goals and a clean sheet still dates back to October 2019.
- After dropping two points against Leeds just before the international break, Burnley are already under pressure, as they aim to win successive away H2Hs in the same calendar year for the first time since 1892. If they fail, the ‘Clarets’ will return under three points from their opening four league games, just as they did in their most recent relegation season (2014/15).
- Burnley also ended 2020/21 as one of just six teams to lose more than 50% of their PL away games entered as outsiders. Combined, those six teams also recovered a total of just six points from a possible 156 in away league games in which they trailed at HT, with Burnley losing on all seven applicable road trips.
- Players to watch: Respectively top scorers for Everton and Burnley in 2020/21, Dominic Calvert-Lewin and Chris Wood netted first-half goals in last season’s corresponding H2H. Meanwhile, Everton newcomer Demarai Gray will be aiming to build upon what was ultimately a decisive 41st-minute strike against Brighton on August 28 (W 2-0).
- Hot stat: Four of Burnley’s last five pre-COVID PL away wins saw them score in the 46th-60th minute period.