Match Preview: Atl. Madrid 0-0 FC Porto Predictions and Betting Tips 15.09.2021
Atl. Madrid – FC Porto Predictions & Tips For Today, September 15, 2021.
League: Champions League – Group Stage – Round 1
Match: 20:00 Atl. Madrid – FC Porto
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:0 LOST
Atl. Madrid – FC Porto Match Preview
- Spanish champions Atlético Madrid enter this new UEFA Champions League (UCL) campaign with a rich history of meeting expectations in Europe’s premier club competition. The ‘Rojiblancos’ have progressed from all but one of the last eight UCL group stage editions, even despite failing to win their opening match of the most recent two (D1, L1).
- Unlike now, Atlético were not their group’s top seeds in 2020/21, and finished second after disappointingly drawing the majority of group stage fixtures entered as pre-match favourites last season (W2, D3). However, they possess real momentum, as this is the second consecutive time they’ve gone into a new UCL group undefeated in La Liga action.
- Porto are beginning their 25th UCL group stage, and rank second only to Barcelona and Real Madrid (26) for all-time appearances. Winners of this cup back in 2004, Porto have advanced in each of their last four group stages, finishing last season as one of just two clubs to keep five group-stage clean sheets after losing their opening matchday fixture.
- As the best and third-best defences of their domestic league campaigns in 2020/21, more would have been expected defensively of Atlético and Porto at this point of the season. But with just one and two clean sheets to their names, respectively, in all 2021/22 competitions, fans could see both teams score for just the second time from six UCL H2H meetings since March 2009.
- Players to watch: Benfica-bred striker João Félix always relishes a battle with former youth-level club Porto, and was the only player to score in multiple UCL fixtures for Atlético last season. His attack-minded counterpart Mehdi Taremi has opened the scoring in two of Porto’s last four UCL matches of 2020/21, and also netted for Iran earlier this month.
- Hot stat: The second half has been the highest scoring half in five of Atlético’s last six competitive fixtures.