Match Preview: Barnsley 1-3 Nottingham Predictions and Betting Tips 29.09.2021
Barnsley – Nottingham Predictions & Tips For Today, September 29, 2021.
League: ENGLAND: Championship – Round 10
Match: 19:45 Barnsley – Nottingham
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:3 WON!!!
Barnsley – Nottingham Match Preview
- Their surprise top-six finish last season now seems a distant memory as Barnsley lurched closer to danger last time out with a 1-0 loss to Blackpool. Even though the ‘Tykes’ won the possession stakes, that defeat at Bloomfield Road was their third scoring blank in four games, and kept them pointless across league fixtures in which they’ve trailed at half-time this season (L3).
- Scorers of the first goal, if any, have generally fared well at Oakwell of late, with each of Barnsley’s last five home league matches producing under 2.5 match goals. That is all the more remarkable, considering that one team has struck inside the opening six minutes in two of the last three fixtures played here.
- Though still in the bottom three, Nottingham Forest made it four ‘post-Hughton’ points from six, against Millwall on Saturday (D 1-1). As a potential foil to Oakwell’s favouritism towards opening scorers and strong starters, that result stands as the third across Forest’s last five where a team drawing first blood failed to win despite leading at the interval.
- Here, the visitors have a chance to record successive away victories for the first time since February. Though the latter of those ended 3-0, few will bank on a repeat here, with Forest losing ‘to nil’ in four (HT: D4) of their last six away H2Hs vs Barnsley. Furthermore, Forest’s last set of successive away wins by a 2+ goal margin dates back to October 2018.
- Players to watch: Barnsley’s Cauley Woodrow will relish this clash, having bagged a goal and an assist in last season’s corresponding league fixture (W 2-0). With Lewis Grabban forced off against Millwall, Lyle Taylor is Forest’s likeliest dangerman – three of his last four goals have served to open the scoring.
- Hot streak: None of Barnsley’s last seven home games have witnessed any goals either way beyond the hour mark.