Match Preview: Bolivia 1-0 Peru Predictions and Betting Tips 10.10.2021
Bolivia – Peru Predictions & Tips For Today, October 10, 2021.
League: World Cup – Qualification – Round 5
Match: 21:00 Bolivia – Peru
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:0 LOST
Bolivia – Peru Match Preview
- It’d take something quite remarkable for Bolivia to qualify for their first World Cup since 1994, given they come into this clash second-bottom in the South American World Cup Qualifying (WCQ) table, winning only one of their ten matches so far (D3, L6). They’ve secured at least two victories in every qualifying campaign since 1990, and are therefore on course to make a bit of unwanted history if they fail to secure another win this time round.
- Based on recent form, you wouldn’t back them to pick up that win as Bolivia welcome Peru after losing their last three WCQ games! Each of those defeats followed the same trend of the opening goal being conceded inside the first 20 minutes, and the margin of victory being by 2+ goals.
- Peru took part in the first-ever World Cup back in 1930, and have fared much better than their hosts in qualifying so far (W3, D2, L5). However they sit in seventh place and need to pick up points, and will know a failure to win here against a side ranked 62 places worse than them by FIFA could see them start to lose touch with the leading pack. WCQ form is on their side though, highlighted by the fact they’ve lost just one of their last five matches during this campaign (W3, D1, L1).
- They opened the scoring in four of the five matches within that run, and Peru appear in good shape to do the same again here as they’ve broken the deadlock in five of the last six H2H meetings with Bolivia (W4, D2).
- Players to watch: All Bolivian eyes will be on veteran Marcelo Moreno as he scored each of his nation’s last two goals. Meanwhile, Peruvian counterpart Christian Cueva has two first-half goals across his last three international appearances.
- Hot stat: Just one of the last six H2Hs was goalless at half-time.