Match Preview: Croatia 2-2 Slovakia Predictions and Betting Tips 11.10.2021
Croatia – Slovakia Predictions & Tips For Today, October 11, 2021.
League: World Cup – Qualification
Match: 19:45 Croatia – Slovakia
Tip: Home Win
Match Result: 2:2 LOST
Croatia – Slovakia Match Preview
- Croatia’s comprehensive 3-0 World Cup Qualifying (WCQ) win over Cyprus on Friday moved them a step closer to Qatar 2022 (W5, D1, L1) and a win here would all but guarantee at least a playoff berth. As they’re unbeaten across the last seven H2Hs (W5, D2) they’ll be confident of taking another stride towards appearing at their sixth consecutive major tournament.
- The 2018 World Cup runners-up haven’t conceded a goal in their last three WCQ home matches (W3) and will expect to get on the front foot here after scoring first in six of their seven matches on home soil (W4, D1, L2) since the resumption of international football post-Covid shutdown.
- Interestingly, Slovakia met Croatia in their first home international after gaining independence, a game they won 4-1 in April 1994. Less joyously, Friday’s 1-0 defeat to Russia leaves their World Cup qualification hopes hanging by a thread – if they’re to reach a second consecutive major tournament for the first time, they must get a result here to keep themselves in Group H contention.
- Seven points behind the leaders with three games remaining, the likelihood is that Croatia and Russia will occupy the top two spots, leaving Slovakia to rue dropping points to Cyprus and Malta earlier in the campaign. Their away form is uninspiring and having won just one of their last nine matches on foreign soil (D4, L4), a repeat of their win in that landmark 1994 fixture seems unlikely.
- Players to watch: After six internationals without scoring, Marko Livaja netted in each of Croatia’s last two matches, both of which they went on to win by a 3-0 scoreline. Although Milan Škriniar’s own goal proved decisive against Russia, he has scored at the right end in two of Slovakia’s last three international wins!
- Hot stat: On the subject of own goals, there have been four of them in Slovakia’s last seven internationals.