Match Preview: Brazil 4-1 Uruguay Predictions and Betting Tips 15.10.2021
Brazil – Uruguay Predictions & Tips For Today, October 15, 2021.
League: World Cup – Qualification – Round 12
Match: 01:30 Brazil – Uruguay
Tip: Home Win
Match Result: 4:1 WON!!!
Brazil – Uruguay Match Preview
- Brazil lost their CONMEBOL World Cup qualifying (WCQ) 100% record when drawing 0-0 with Colombia on Sunday but are still on course to become the first side to go through an 18-game WCQ campaign without defeat (W9, D1). Up next are Uruguay in the first competitive instalment of ‘El Clásico del Rio Négro’ in Brazil since 2016.
- It’s a match-up that the five-time World Cup winners have enjoyed recently, as ‘Seleção’ are unbeaten across the last 11 H2Hs anywhere (W6, D5 – outcomes at 90 minutes). There’s always extra spice to this game as well, as Brazil look to lay to rest the ghosts of ‘Maracanazo’ – when Uruguay produced a massive upset to beat Brazil to win the 1950 World Cup at the Maracanã Stadium.
- From that shock grew the intense rivalry between the two nations but another such result would seem unlikely after Uruguay (W4, D4, L3) crashed to a 3-0 defeat to Argentina on Sunday, leaving them fourth in the standings and under pressure from Colombia and Paraguay. Having scored just once in their last three matches (W1, D1, L1) they’ve been uncharacteristically wasteful in front of goal.
- That’s the opposite of what’s needed as ‘La Celeste’ chase a first H2H win in Brazil since 1992 and a first competitive victory in the country since that famous 1950 match. With just two wins in their last 13 WCQ away matches (D5, L6), their travelling form hardly inspires as veteran manager Óscar Tabárez seeks a first win anywhere over Brazil (D1, L8)!
- Players to watch: Éverton Ribeiro netted first in two of Brazil’s last four completed internationals while conversely, Gastón Pereiro came off the bench to score for Uruguay against Ecuador (September 10) – all three of his goals for club and country this calendar year came after the 80th minute.
- Hot stat: There’s been an average of 3.4 goals per game across the five previous full internationals at this venue.
Match Preview: Rahmatgonj MFS - Muktijoddha Sangsad Predictions and Betting Tips 04.07.2022
Match Preview: Kalju 3-1 Kuressaare Predictions and Betting Tips 03.07.2022
Match Preview: Londrina 0-0 CSA Predictions and Betting Tips 02.07.2022
Match Preview: Gold Coast Utd 0-1 Logan Lightning Predictions and Betting Tips 01.07.2022