Match Preview: Benfica 0-4 Bayern Munich Predictions and Betting Tips 20.10.2021
Benfica – Bayern Munich Predictions & Tips For Today, October 20, 2021.
League: Champions League – Group Stage – Round 3
Match: 20:00 Benfica – Bayern Munich
Tip: Away Win
Match Result: 0:4 WON!!!
Benfica – Bayern Munich Match Preview
- Top of the Portuguese top flight after eight rounds (W7, L1), Benfica have enjoyed a solid start to the season, especially as they also sit second in UEFA Champions League (UCL) Group E (W1, D1) thanks to a thumping 3-0 victory at home to Barcelona on UCL matchday two that’s given them a fighting chance of progression. That result made it three UCL clean sheets in a row for the hosts (W2, D1), the first time they’ve achieved that feat since March 2006.
- In fact, Benfica will be looking to make additional history in this clash as they attempt to win three consecutive UCL home matches whilst keeping a clean sheet for the first time since early October 1991! That will be easier said than done though, as they welcome German juggernauts Bayern Munich to Lisbon, a side they haven’t beaten in ten previous UCL clashes (D3, L7).
- Bayern demolished early title challengers Bayer Leverkusen 5-1 at the weekend to reassert themselves as the team to beat in the Bundesliga, as they go in search of their tenth straight German title. Here, they’ll also be looking to extend their 100% UCL record this campaign (W2) as Julian Nagelsmann’s side targets another run to a European final.
- Unbeaten in their last 19 away UCL matches (W15, D4) – a competition record – Bayern have netted a staggering 54 goals during that run since last tasting defeat back in September 2017. The visitors have also scored three or more goals in nine of their 11 matches this season which will have Benfica on high alert here.
- Players to watch: Benfica’s Darwin Núñez is in great form having scored six goals in eight matches across all competitions, including two in two UCL outings. Bayern’s Robert Lewandowski has 15 goals in 11 competitive matches this season, and has also netted five goals in his six prior UCL matches vs Portuguese opposition.
- Hot stat: Bayern have averaged 3.2 goals per UCL fixture since the start of last season – the competition’s highest such figure.