Match Preview: Sampdoria 2-1 Spezia Predictions and Betting Tips 22.10.2021
Sampdoria – Spezia Predictions & Tips For Today, October 22, 2021.
League: ITALY: Serie A – Round 9
Match: 19:45 Sampdoria – Spezia
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:1 WON!!!
Sampdoria – Spezia Match Preview
- The first Ligurian derby of this Serie A (SA) campaign sees Sampdoria host Spezia, and they do so with revenge in mind, after going winless in both H2Hs last season (D1, L1). Suspended coach Roberto D’Aversa knows their recent luck in this fixture must change, and well might, as his team gained nine of their 15 SA wins last term on home turf.
- However, their current winless streak of four matches (D1, L3) means they have suffered a worse eight-game start to a top-flight season just once across almost five decades. The season in question was just two years ago, when Sampdoria eventually ended up 15th – the club’s joint-worst finish since their 2010/11 relegation season.
- After an unfortunate three-game losing streak, Spezia beat fellow relegation strugglers Salernitana last time out (2-1). In turn, they are just two points worse off compared to the same stage of last season, when they surprised Italy by spending almost all season away from the relegation zone, eventually staying up by a comfortable six points.
- However, the visitors have registered consecutive SA victories just twice in their history, although one of those mini runs contained a win against Sampdoria. Yet, Thiago Motta needs to improve his side’s away performances, as they’ve won just five of their 23 all-time top-flight away matches, conceding 2.7 goals per game across the last ten.
- Players to watch: Sampdoria’s Fabio Quagliarella has found the net in 17 consecutive SA seasons, and will be looking for his maiden strike against Spezia. For the visitors, Viktor Kovalenko may have appeared in only three competitive matches, but was a decisive factor in Spezia’s last victory with a goal and an assist.
- Hot stat: Sampdoria possess the league’s worst goal difference from the opening 15 minutes of play (GF 0, GA 5).